Please help me to understand more

<p>1:-I am living in Maryland, I will apply to Purdue University this year. Since I am out of state, the tuition is high for me. My question is I will pay out of state at the first year, I will get driver license and get a part time job, pay tax for Indiana, so the second year, will I be in state ? If not, what can I do to become in state?
2:-Purdue has a high ranking in Engineering, why the requirements are low as
High Low Avg.
SAT Combined 1270 1030 1150
SAT I Math 660 540 600
SAT I Verbal 610 490 550</p>

<p>the reqs are like a baseline min. for engineering you want to be getting at least a 700 on the sat math. i got admitted for next year and i’m from ohio so the act is bigger here. i got a 34 on the math. idk what the sat equivalent is, but i don’t think that i’ll be much above average if i am at all with that score. those are like the numbers that say you cannot get in with this score. so bottom line: do much better than those haha</p>

<p>Getting in-state is harder than you think. I was considering it also but if you were to do tht you would need to get a driver’s license and all the other fun stuff to become a resident, get a full-time job, and NOT be a student at any university. There are other stuff that you have to do also. The requirements are listed online if you just google residency requirements Purdue University.</p>

<p>Unless you’re married, or had a court-recognized declaration of independence from your parents, residency is based or their state of residence. Also, their admissions standards to engineering are slightly lower than the initial admittance standards for similar engineering programs, but you don’t declare a specific program in engineering until your sophomore year, and you won’t get accepted unless you do well your freshman year.</p>

<p>Hi, all. Thank you so much for your good advises. I will come back to ask you to chance me on this Friday, I will get the SAT score on this Thursday , the other info is ready , I just wait for SAT.</p>

<p>I’m not sure you’re going to score that high on the writing section…lol</p>

<p>he didn’t mention anything about the writing section…</p>

<p>einstein10: what i meant is that he/she is getting his/her SAT score back soon, and there is a writing section on the SAT. From his grammar on these posts, I was just saying that I don’t think he/she will score that high on the writing section. What I said was mean, though, so I take it back.</p>

<p>LolyGAGHa,
You are absolutely right on that one, you catched me. I am really sorry on my writing.</p>

<p>wow i feel like a ■■■■■■. lol. i’m pretty literal so that’s where the confusion was. my bad</p>

<p>JuniorHS- I’m actually really sorry for saying that! I just couldn’t help myself, but I now realize that that was mean of me.</p>