Please help me! UC's Parent total income

<p>Hi, I just realized I’ve made some stupid mistakes on the UC application’s income thingy, I put like $40k a year in the box since I had no idea on the amount initially… Now I know that it’s actually much more than 40k. It wasn’t until I submitted my application and noticed that I didn’t change the amount back … would this be a serious issue?? Do UCs take the total income so serious that will affect my application? Please help me I am freaking out =(!</p>

<p>Anyone could answer me :(?</p>

<p>I found this on UC website : Annual income for 2012 and 2013 (your parents’ if you’re a dependent; your income if you’re independent.) This is optional unless you’re applying for an application fee waiver or for the Educational Opportunity Program.</p>

<p>I didn’t realize the annual income is optional and that I put a wrong amount in… Do you think it’s possible for me to contact UC and tell them to disregard the income I’ve put in? Since I am not applying for fee waiver or EOP… I know it’s a silly mistake but I don’t want it to affect my application! Please help :frowning: !!!</p>

<p>Call them. They will help if they can. It may not make a difference since you aren’t applying for eop or fee waiver. Just call and find out so you will know.</p>

<p>don’t waste your time trying to call. </p>

<p>And the $$ won’t matter; a small number can help, but it’s a feather on the admission scales. Chill and enjoy the rest of the weekend.</p>

<p>but considering the fact that I am actually an international applicant, the 40k income I put in is way less than the actual fee I have to pay for UC, and ofc I can’t get any financial aid from them as I am not US resident (which I don’t need anyway) ,so I reckon for my case a small number may actually make them think I can’t pay for the tuition fees and I am worrying that it may hurt my application…</p>

<p>I may just email them since I am not living in US :confused: but what should I tell them anyway… my correct family annual income ? or just ask them to see if they could disregard that information?</p>

<p>I am an intl. applicant… would this hurt :/…?</p>

<p>bump…:’( !!!</p>

<p>leave it alone; the correction is not worth it.</p>

<p>But just know that most out of state and international students are expected to pay full price; aid is minimal. So, unless you have $200k lying around, your app status is a moot point.</p>

<p>Bluebayou : I do have sufficient fund to pay for UC, if not I wouldn’t have applied at all… So you think it’s unnecessary to tell UC about the mistake I have made?</p>

<p>yes, it is totally unnecessary.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>bluebayou : Okay thanks so much … !! But one last question … Will the admission officers actually look at it and take this as an admission factor ? Sorry to be annoying over this , I just don’t want this minor mistake to have any impact on my application :(</p>

<p>Relax. AO will assume that your parents have sufficient funds for your education. Annual incomes and savings are two different things.</p>

<p>Shirleyxxy : thanks for the respond! I think I can finally get over it now :)</p>