Please help me with 1 last task before move in

<p>I am so excited, nervous, and a little stressed. We start our 12 hour car ride to Bama early Friday morning for our 8 am move-in time on Saturday. D and I are trying to get all the last minute shopping done before we leave. Our last task is curtains and a tension rod. Can anyone give me a link to the curtain you got for your student’s room? I think that I bookmarked a tension rod that someone linked, but nothing for curtains. I am also having a tough time determining which length to order. The housing website shows that the window is 64" high. The curtains I found came in a 64" length or an 83" length.</p>

<p>Linny,</p>

<p>We used a blackout panel liner from Target similar to this one. It is white and the package includes two panels so they can be opened as needed. They cost about $24 at Target and don’t have the velcro strip down the front like the ones from Walmart did.</p>

<p>[blackout</a> liners at Target](<a href=“Blackout Liners : Target”>Blackout Liners : Target)</p>

<p>For curtains, we chose a white sheer similar to this one so her room could have filtered sunlight when she wanted it and it wouldn’t matter if she changed her bedding and decor. Hers were very similar to the white smocked sheers on this page.</p>

<p>[Sale</a> Curtains & Drapes Sale | PBteen](<a href=“http://www.pbteen.com/shop/sale/sale-windows/?cm_type=lnav]Sale”>http://www.pbteen.com/shop/sale/sale-windows/?cm_type=lnav)</p>

<p>We chose to use curtain small curtain rings to hang both on a double tension rod. You can use two regular tension rods or I highly recommend the double tension rod by Umbra that was linked earlier.</p>

<p>I can measure her curtains tomorrow and give you the finished length. We already had the 84 inch and hemmed them. The were in the 60 ish range…you need to allow for the rings if you use them.:)</p>

<p>You could always use just the blackout panel liner or select some of the colored panels that come lined with the blackout panel if you want a colored curtain. If you are interested in the Umbra tension rod or double tension rod be aware that although Bed, Bath & Beyond carries it on their website, it isn’t available in all store locations. Walmart, Target, and Bed, Bath & Beyond all carry the colored black out curtain panels.</p>

<p>This is a related question about blackout curtains for Ridgecrest South. The windows are listed as 36" X 60"…I found blackout curtains that coordinate nicely with the comforter, but each panel measures 42" X 60". Do most kids just put one panel up and move it to one side or another during the day, or should I take the time to alter 2 panels so each is smaller in width, but would look more like regular window curtains?? Oh, the decisions to make in the name of dorm style!!!</p>

<p>the typical curtain is 1.5 to twice the width of the window width…to allow for gathers. so a 30inch wndow could be accommodated by Two 30-inch panels…</p>

<p>or your 42 inchpanels would just be fuller on a 36inch window and will likely look very nice without tailoring.</p>