Please help panic about a missing prereq

Hello!

I’m in a huge panic because I think UCSD requires either calculus or intro to logic, but I don’t know how to read this for sure because the sheet that my counselor gave me says I just need “equivalent of 3 courses prior to transfer” but assist does not say that. Is that required for admissions? I already applied which is why I’m in panic, and it doesn’t look like I can get into those classes. I’m not sure what to do. PLEASE HELP. I would be eternally grateful because this is one of the schools I really wanted to transfer into.

Here is the assist page for my school: Welcome to ASSIST

According to the UCSD website, you need 2 Formal Skills classes that correspond to the following:

• PSYC 70 (preferred- Research Methods in Psychology (4) or COGS 14A (Introduction to Research Methods)
  • And choose one:
    • MATH: 10A (Calculus 1) or 20A (Calculus for Science and Engineering)
    • PHIL: 10 (Introduction to Logic) or 12 (Scientific Reasoning).

That said, UCSD tends to be more lenient on meeting their transfer course requirements but I would try very hard to meet their requirements and update your TAU. You should contact UCSD transfer admissions and confirm.

I’m a little bit confused about their requirements to be honest. Based on what I see on the website (Transfer Preparation), it claims that I only need 3 foundational courses? But assist shows a lot more classes than that, which is why I’m confused. I’ve taken all the lower division classes listed other than calc/phil 6.

This makes me confused if I need CALC or logic for admissions or just graduations.

1 Like

Why not ask the department directly what is required for admission?

If you have a high enough AP calculus score, that may be counted by UCSD as fulfilling Math 10A or 20A. See UCSD’s AP credit listing.

1 Like

Yeah I decided to email them!

2 Likes