Please help this athlete!!

<p>PLEASE HELP ME</p>

<p>I am c/o 2010 which means that I am an upcoming senior.This year I will be choosing the college in which i will be attending.</p>

<p>In addition, I have been a student athlete the entire time that I have been in high school. I run track and I am pretty good.I participated in the state track meet this year and I missed going by only a spot last year and the year before that.</p>

<p>I am not sure if I am going to get a track scholarship or not but I have received recruitment letters.I have only been running track for the sole purpose of paying for college. Everyone around me (coaches,parents,&etc.) has their mind set on me receiving a scholarship but honestly I am not so sure if I want one.I think that I want to focus more on school itself, while in college. Recently I've started worrying and began searching for colleges that will accept me with my SAT score and GPA.(p.s. they dont know that Im reconsidering)</p>

<p>Due to the fact that I have been training and practicing often my grades and SAT score arent as high as they should be.</p>

<p>GPA:2.6-2.7
SAT:1350(first time taken,retake in october)
Critical and math combined is 940
My SAT should increase, i took this without any studying.</p>

<p>Do you guys know of good colleges that will accept me with my academic standing(hbcus included)?
which ones can I undoubtedly get into?
Do you think I should continue to look forward to an athletic scholarship and stop worrying?</p>

<p>Ive heard schools like FAMU, NORTH CAROLINA A&T, HAMPTON, and HOWARD ARE GOOD.
Dont know if I will Get in or not=[</p>

<p>Are you from California? Have you considered a cc or csu?</p>

<p>Trying to post a link to the academic tracker for Howard ( My alma mater! Go Bisons) from College board.com.</p>

<p><a href=“College Search - BigFuture | College Board”>College Search - BigFuture | College Board;

<p>You might squeak into their SAT range.</p>

<p>yes I am from California</p>

<p>I haven’t considered any though.
know any good ones?</p>

<p>wHAT ARE YOUR TIMES</p>

<p>My daughter’s suitemate at Howard has an athletic scholarship combined with a merit scholarship. The suitemate is on the track team. Also, one of my daughter’s friends was a walk-on for the track team last year as a freshman and is on again, this year. He may have garnered an athletic scholarship to supplement his merit scholarship.</p>

<p>My very limited knowledge leaves me to beleive that the athletic schoarlship is partial, meaning it may pay for tuition only.</p>

<p>You may want to contact the Howard athletic deprtment for more information.</p>

<p>Good luck to you.</p>