PO Box Renewal

<p>Has anyone who opened a PO Box at Bama Bound received a renewal notice?</p>

<p>Yes, my son brought home some paperwork, but I have not looked at it yet. What questions do you have and I can ask him?</p>

<p>What is the renewal term period?</p>

<p>Daughter got hers also and she said the renewal is for 6 months. She is cancelling hers since we got her a box a the UPS store after the issues in August/September.</p>

<p>wonder if we can renew online? Thanks for posting this, I need to check with my son.</p>

<p>You can renew online. My D said the line was too long when she went to renew her box, so I went online and did it for her last week. I did a 6 month extension (until May 31), although I’m not even sure the Ferg PO will be there until then.</p>

<p>Do you renew that from the student’s myBama account? If so, where? If not, do you have a link? Thanks!</p>

<p>Rolltide90, you renew at usps.com. You need to create an account if you don’t already have one, then enter the box number and the zip code.</p>

<p>My son renewed online until June. Is the Ferg PO closing?</p>

<p>USPS will be moving the PO Boxes downtown in mid to late May. They should be able to refund you for any unused moths as is standard when PO Boxes move. </p>

<p>The official word is that the three longtime USPS employees that work the Ferguson Center Post Office will be taking early retirement on January 31st and that the current part-time employee and others will be taking their place until the lease ends in May. UA plans on getting the replacement service up sometime in April. There will be 3 automated postal machines so Campus Mail won’t have to keep up with USPS rates and policies. </p>

<p>While I will have graduated, I will actually miss the USPS mail service. The employees are always very friendly and helpful to me and address me by my first name. </p>

<p>If one is friendly to the employees and has basic knowledge about the mail system, it is very easy to mail stuff via USPS, especially if one ships in flat-rate boxes and prints their mailing labels online. In contrast, the UPS store charges a hefty surcharge on USPS services (stamps are 55 cents each and envelopes are 39 cents at the UPS Store near campus versus 55 cents for both or 45 cents for a stamp at the post office) and the latest mail drop off is around 1:00 PM. I cannot count how many times I’ve rushed into the Ferg Post Office at 3:55 PM to mail a package.</p>

<p>Read the refund policy carefully! While I could have renewed S’s box for 12 months (online), if you read the refund policy, it says that after a certain # of months (it varies, depending on the # of months into your contract you are), you are NOT given a refund. For a 6-month renewal, for example, after 3 months in, there are no refunds. Also, on S’s form, the 12-mo renewal period was inked out, and only the 6-mo option was suggested. Like I said, you can renew for 12-mo online, but you probably would not want to.</p>

<p>@Class2012Mom: Thank you, I was able to renew for 6 months online. Much appreciated!</p>