poli sci

<p>Hows the political science department, how is it in comparison to Tulane?</p>

<p>WOW, I was wondering the exact same thing because those are my two top choices. From what I have researched, they both have good political science programs, but Tulane has a much more renowned one with many prestigious professors. However, I am not taking any value away from the U. of Miami pol sci department.</p>

<p>uhh i dont kno how they can be more renowned then they miamis. im thinkin ur just pulling random statements out of thin air. I am a major in poli sci here at miami and my professors have taught at the likes of ivy league schools. any other quesitons let me know but the department here is fantastic.</p>

<p>uhh i dont kno how they can be more renowned then they miamis. im thinkin ur just pulling random statements out of thin air. I am a major in poli sci here at miami and my professors have taught at the likes of ivy league schools. any other quesitons let me know but the department here is fantastic.</p>

<p>the poli sci professors here are great, really experienced and really knowledgeable. however, it's one of the most popular majors at UM and the department is really shorthanded. which means that there are very few classes offered each semester and it's really competitive to get into the good classes. i'd say don't pick the school based on the poli sci dept, they're probably comparable to one another. choose based on miami vs new orleans (def a tough choice haha).</p>

<p>Having Dr Shalala as president is a real benefit too in her bringing people to the school to speak. Also, if you go to UM, be sure to take her course - it's fascinating</p>