Pop Ups

<p>are we still thinking not everyone that gets accepted gets pop ups? im sure hoping thats true... or at least that i get deferred..</p>

<p>My letter arrived in the mail today, and I live in DC, so I'm assuming that wherever you are, you should expect it in the mail anyday now.</p>

<p>fothi did you get a popup too?</p>

<p>What size envelope did your acceptance/deferral/rejection letter come in? I have a large envelope, holding a pocket folder of some sort, but I am afraid to open it......</p>

<p>Deferrals and rejections apparently came in letter size envelopes::::Come on, you can do it; open the envelope!!!</p>

<p>let us know if you got in collegedirt, tell us everything about your letter! ha</p>

<p>"Welcome to Our World" on the front of the folder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8.5 x 11 envelope, with an obvious folder, but really not 'heavy' only a few pieces of paper inside (which I have not read yet). A sticker to give parents and what next info....
Thanks Rodney and Jill08, you gave me the confidence I needed.<br>
Received two thin envelopes today from Admissions offices of other schools but they were just notifying that my apps were complete, did not even notice this in the pile of catalogs and junk mail at first (although the envelope are 'Cane colors. Go Canes!</p>

<p>Congrats!!!....Stats??? Scholarship?????</p>

<p>Into Broadcast Journalism/School of Communications. No info on Scholarships as of yet, I understand they are tied to SAT scores though. I am excited b/c Miami is a Top 5 school for Broadcast Journalism.</p>

<p>collegedirt, congrats!! did you get a pop up?</p>

<p>Yeah, I got a popup as well as the letter. The popup came before the letter, actually.. as I was just randomly logging in to find out when the letters were going to come, haha!</p>

<p>And the acceptance letter is REALLY hard to miss if you're looking. It's a big envelope and it's in Miami's colors. And the envelope inside is really cute, too. Unfortunately, I didn't get a scholarship. I'm in the top 12% of my class, with a 1310 on the SAT, which I don't think qualifies.</p>

<p>I REALLY want to double major in Broadcast Journalism.. but I'm a Poli Sci major for now.</p>

<p>jill08, I read these posts daily and was wondering if you got into Miami - good luck!</p>

<p>With a 1310 and being top 12% can I ask what your unweighted GPA was? If you don't want to share, it's ok. But if it's 3.5 or higher, I'd question not getting a merit award and give them a call. If unweighted is closer to 3.0, it likely hurt you. But always ask. Sometimes Financial Aid departments DO miscalculate.</p>

<p>Umm. Wow, dude, check the post date before yours...</p>

<p>Still no popup. And nothing in the mail in NJ. Maybe today. But maybe because I submitted a fee waiver and it keeps taking me to the credit card payment page</p>

<p>My S got snail mail, but no pop-up. Did they post pop-ups this year? I don't know anyone who has received a pop-up.</p>