~Posponment for further information?~help please

<p>So i just recived a letter from the admissions office requesting a further decision by the TRIO comittie. THey gave me a handout and an application also in request for reply.</p>

<p>How would this effect my decision ? if i fill out the info for TRIO will i basicly get accepted ? and how does this effect my freshmen year if i was to be admitted as a TRIO student? will i be able to still take classes with the regular freshmen class?</p>

<p>Also, the letter states" Your application for admission serves as the universitey, admitted students recived a contract for housing as long as there is room., if your interested in living on campus, its ur best interest to return the TRIO application, update transcript, and test scores ASAP"
-So now i would have to return ANOTHER transcript?
ive allready sent in my ACT TRANSCRIPTS to the university.</p>

<p>any help would be greatly appreciated :)</p>

<p>my stats: 21 ACT, 3.4 GPA, Increasing grade trends, Low income, 1st generation Asian american, 1st college student, 2 AP's</p>

<p>TRIO is probably the only way you get into UW. It also will help get you up to speed to compete at the UW. Give it a shot. They probably want your first semester grades too. If you think you want housing if you go to UW apply as soon as possible.</p>

<p>ah ok, ive already sent in my application to the university and everything. So ill probably have to resend new trascripts and that TRIo App. I just hope hey wont revoke me from challenging cources because of TRIo.</p>

<p>Im kinda afraid if they wont accept me because of my senior grades. I have a 3.4 avrg this semester, but its the first year im taking AP’s</p>

<p>[Center</a> for Educational Opportunity](<a href=“http://www.education.wisc.edu/ceo/triosss.aspx]Center”>http://www.education.wisc.edu/ceo/triosss.aspx)</p>

<p>No offense, but it’s hearing statistics like these that make me really angry that I was postponed with a 28 ACT. I understand that UW needs more culture, but COME ON. And it’s committee.</p>

<p>Being accepted to UW through the TRIO program will not limit the types of classes you can enroll in. Your first semester grades (3.4 gpa with AP classes) likely will not hurt your chances of acceptance.</p>

<p>@gobucky
I was postponed with a 33 act…</p>

<p>postponed with a 30 act :[</p>

<p>^^ exact same deal here, man. how does this happen?</p>

<p>I really just don’t understand. There have been kids at my school getting in with 3.1, 3.2 GPA and 26 ACT. How and why do they make these OUTRAGEOUS decisions??</p>

<p>ACT is only one factor in evaluating an application. When they say that they look at the whole application: Standardized Tests, GPA, Class Rank, Course Rigor, ECs, Essays, HS School Profile, Etc…They aren’t kidding.</p>

<p>This is nothing new. My older son was postponed 3 years ago with a 3.3 gpa and a 34 ACT. If the rest of your resume is strong, hang in there; the chances are still good that you will be accepted eventually. He was.</p>

<p>@MilwDad
Did he do/send anything in during the time he was waiting? I have pretty much the same stats as him and am looking for anyways to boost my chances.</p>

<p>No, we just waited patiently (or maybe impatiently). I know it’s hard to wait but just hang in there, and good luck.</p>

<p>just heard back and got accepted. :slight_smile: gl everyone, i hope to see u all at UW Madison this fall</p>

<p>I heard that many people will be getting accepted after being postponed this year because not many committed thus far. Just a rumor I heard, so everyone who is worried with those high ACT scores (which includes me), hang in there!</p>

<p>ok… jw. who exactly is your source?</p>

<p>^^ Yes… please tell. Because that might be believable.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I was REJECTED with a 33 ACT and 3.6 UW/3.91W and a plethora of AP’s. 28 is below their average.</p>

<p>TRIO is a good program for the university.</p>

<p>^OUCH, that sucks D: i feel similarly…postponed with a 30 ACT & many APs, as well as leadership positions, etc. & this wasn’t even supposed to be a reach for me -_-</p>

<p>“ACT is only one factor in evaluating an application. When they say that they look at the whole application: Standardized Tests, GPA, Class Rank, Course Rigor, ECs, Essays, HS School Profile, Etc…They aren’t kidding.”</p>

<p>&, so? what’s your point? i’m sure there are many people, on this site & otherwise, who have all that &&& a bag of chips. the UW-Madison admissions committee is just being dumb & cocky as hell. how else would u explain stories of students getting in to U-Michigan [OOS, no less] & not UW? exactly ;|</p>