Posse Scholarship- Ask Away!

Hi!! Thanks for posting this- super helpful lol. I got nominated and wanted to prep for the first interview but I saw that you said the second round of interviews is in like November and then the third in December? If that’s the case and I wanted to apply to another school (not partnered with Posse) for ED/EA would that be possible? ED/EA deadline is typically like start of November so I’m not sure how that would work out or if it’s against the rules.

Hi. So i got nominated for the Posse scholarship…but over the summer i was overseas visiting my family and didn’t have any reception to receive any notification of the first round interview date and i missed it. Do you think they will allow me to reschedule it for another day? Also, I was nominated for Posse Miami; however, the school i want to attend is under Posse Los angeles am i restricted from receiving the scholarship for a school under a different city?

@xusins you can’t apply ED to another school because posse is eventually a binding ED contract if you make it far. However, you can definitely apply EA, I did to a bunch of schools. I basically applied to schools and viewed applying as if posse wasn’t an option, and then when I made it to the final round I started to view posse as more of a possibility

@chellesworld Did the first interview already happen? If so I don’t really think they would reschedule it for one person, but honestly it doesn’t hurt to ask and explain your situation! You are only eligible to receive a scholarship to a school that is partnered with your Posse city, so in this case the Posse Miami schools

hi there and THNAK YOU for all these info. I know it was a yr ago, but: what did you say Posse would mean to you?

What type of questions did they ask?

Anybody have any tips for the DAP 2 (round 2) format?

Would you day that picking a school that not many people want will help you in round 2? I’m posse dc and sewanee is not popular at all.

@bigboyk_ Definitely. Personally, I know there was a lot of competition for the schools closer to New England, but the schools in the Midwest were much less competitive

@bigboyk_ I’m a Posse DC scholar and Ik what you are going through rn because I was on your spot this time last year. Picking a less popular might help you get selcted, but if you’re not going to enjoy that school, don’t pick it becuase trust me they KNOW when people do that! Just DO a little reasearch on your favorite school and tell them how much you love that school! NOT the research like they have 9:1 student to faculty ratio, the location, and stuff like that because they already know all these and most people are gonna say that…I guess what I’m trying to say is you have to standout from the crowd!

The final interview is just those students selected by one of the partner schools, right? For example, there would be multiple finalist interviews where all of the students in one city who are vying for the same school are involved (one interview for Vanderbilt, one for Brandeis, etc.). If this is the case, does anyone know how many people are in the finalist interview? I know that each school only chooses 10 students for their Posse. Thanks so much to anyone who can help.

it’s usually 25 @ejc000

I saw this late, my interview was Monday!! I mentioned things such as the projects professors did at lafayette that embodied cur non and the alumni network and certain clubs they have that I liked, but I also mentioned the location and how the size will help my voice stand out on campus. Do you want me to send you what I wrote @goodluck123?

@bigboyk_ Dm me

@ejc000 Yeah, usually 20-25.

@gk1733 Update: I declared Lafayette as my #1 choice in the interview, but I just called my local posse office and asked if I could make sewanee my #1 choice and they said yes (it’s contingent on the program director calling me back to confirm). I love both schools equally and I’d thrive at both but when I look at sewanee, I just get that feeling and I wanna explore a new part of the country. It’s not just for a strategic advantage. They asked me how I’d rank both schools on a scale of 1-5 and I said a 5 for both so it correlates with my thought process above. I’m just so indecisive. I hope it works. Many thanks for your advice!

They called back. They’ve allowed me to make sewanee my #1!! @gk1733

They called back. They’ve allowed me to make sewanee my #1!! @gk1733

@gk1733 this is my last time replying but I don’t know why a second message was sent with the exact same words. I’m really sorry if I’m blowing up your notifications and annoying you or freaking you out. CC only gives me 15 minutes to edit and I can’t delete. I totally appreciate your help through this process!!

My daughter made it to the 3rd round, she got the email of the school they want her to commit too but it was not her top choices not #1 or #2 not sure if she wants to continue with the early decision process If she will not be happy with the school they chose for her. Have you heard of this before, does she have an opportunity to request one of her top schools instead or would that be offensive to inquire about?