possibility of getting rescinded?

<p>How often does Purdue rescind admission? I already accepted my offer and payed the deposit fee to the college of liberal arts. but currently i'm struggling hard in trigonometry. I currently have a f and its below a 50%. I have very little doubt that i will pass even if i try very hard.I was looking into Purdue's math requirements and its says 8 semesters are required. I'll be pretty ****ed if i do get rescinded because of trig but i know several people in my school who took math classes like discrete math and have lower grades than i do that got accepted.</p>

<p>Most likely they will NOT rescind your admission. But really do try to get at least a D. Unless you fail ALL of your classes, they won’t rescind you. </p>

<p>Where did you see that you need 8 semesters of math? That’s certainly false.</p>

<p>call and ask. also, they require 8 semesters? seems to me they would only require 6 since an indiana high school diploma only requires 6.</p>

<p>i was looking in the purdue site and this came up
[Purdue</a> University - Subject Matter Expectations](<a href=“http://admissions.purdue.edu/Admissions_Criteria/Misc._Admissions_cri/Subject_Matter_Expec.html]Purdue”>http://admissions.purdue.edu/Admissions_Criteria/Misc._Admissions_cri/Subject_Matter_Expec.html)</p>

<p>When a Purdue official visited my school in the fall (I live in Indiana), the rep said that they’re lenient on the 8 semesters of math thing this year as it is a new requirement. And, they’ll also count Algebra I if you took that in 8th grade. I know in my school, they count 8th grade Algebra I towards an elective credit since Algebra I is considered a high school course.</p>

<p>hope your right, its not like im completely lost in the class. I get most of the stuff but my god does the teacher blow.</p>

<p>should get used to a horrible teacher. might have a few ta’s at purdue who are as bad especially in the math department…</p>

<p>Okay now i’m in big trouble. The admisions office emailed be explaining what happened to my grades. I did and the next day she told me I admission is rescinded and I will be receiving in the mail a full detail explanation. I’m really shocked that they actually rescinded me due to my grades but I already went to STAR and all that etc stuff. I am in total shock and don’t know what to do.</p>

<p>Might be the requirement for math. Sorry to hear! </p>

<p>You can always go to Ivy Tech for a year or a local state school then transfer to Purdue or elsewhere. Some schools offer you admission for a year like Michigan State but you would need to keep a 3.0+ GPA.</p>