Possible Fall Schedule

ChemE major

Chem 117
Math 227
ChemE 125
CBH 101

• 1 more class TBD
    That is 13 hours not including added elective.

The spring semester he has 15 hours.
Should he add elective here as well?

Maybe slide Physics 1 and 2 to freshman year as his added classes?

He is looking ahead at the second year requirements. Wants to have as much out of the way as possible for OChem and the ChemE classes, YIKES :slight_smile:

^^2015pop^^ I just sent you a PM.

It might be helpful to take ENGR 103. If your son has the math background for Calc 3 and is in CBH, it will probably be a reasonable class to take and will be helpful to have out of the way. Plus, since most freshman engineers take it, he will have lots of friends to work on homework sets and study with.

Otherwise that looks like a perfect 1st semester ChemE schedule. Make sure to choose Honors vs. non-Honors chem based on professors. Other than that, the classes are not much different.

(Disclaimer: I’m not in engineeering myself, but I’m in CBH and hang out with tons of engineers!)

Lots of Chem E students say that Engr 103 is barely relevant to what they learn in future years. In fact many chem e students around me prefer not taking it

@2015pop‌ @paul2752‌ I forgot about skipping ENGR 103 if you’re a ChemE going into Calc III. That’s definitely a good choice. Take another elective or take Physics to explore options.

Thanks for the responses! As always, helpful people abound at UA. RTR

^^2015pop^^ I sent you a private message…please look in your inbox