Possible Sophomore Transfer Texas A&M

I’m a current high school senior who’s planning on attending the University of North Texas next year. I was already planning on transferring to another university sophomore or junior year. I was looking into A&M to pursue geosciences (meteorology). I heard if u try to transfer as a sophomore, HS stats would be more weighted … so my HS weighted GPA 3.3, and I have about 40+ hours of community service. At UNT, I plan getting a 3.5+ gpa my freshman year with doing a lot of community service hours. How hard is it to transfer to Texas A&M and could I get in with a 3.5 gpa freshman year, and the others stats I provided ?

@OffJordanKG have you looked at the TAMU transfer admission page and requirements?

Yes I have, at least a 2.5 gpa is required for review… I wanted to know if they were very competitive, and would I get in with my gpa

@OffJordanKG no one knows if you would get in. Your best bet to garauntee admission is to take the PTA option. Each department makes the admission decision and you will be competing for a limited number of slots against an unknown number of applicants. If you decide to not do PTA then you should get in contact with an advisor for the major you are intersted in and they can give you an idea of the typical gpa that they have accepted in the past. They do not consider high school grades, SAT etc for transfers. It no longer matters. You should also attend a prospective student transfer seminar. Based on discussions I have had with admission advisors, a 3.5 will get you in to most majors. If your goal is to get to TAMU, I recommend going to Blinn in Bryan or another JUCO and take the PTA option. JUCO will save you money.