Possibly omitted an a-g course in my UC application?

<p>In my freshman year, I took a semester of a debate class but when I was doing my UC application, I thought that the debate class wasn’t going to be counted towards the a-g subject requirement so I omitted that class out of the application. However, I suddenly realized that I probably shouldn’t have done that since the debate class could be considered counted towards the “g” requirement. When I send my official transcript in and the UCSD staff realizes that I omitted the debate class from my application, could that become a problem? I did receive an A in that class so it’s not like that class is detrimental to my application and I honestly did not know that the debate class would be one of the a-g requirements. Is this gonna become a problem for when I submit my official transcript to the UC campus that I decide to attend??</p>

<p>I sincerely doubt it since you got an A. Obviously you weren’t trying to hide something. However, you should call the places you were accepted (or at least the one you intend to attend) and bring it to their attention. You should ask what you should send in an email about it, or would they prefer a letter with a copy of your transcript. You just don’t want someone routinely going over your transcript being surprised this summer.</p>

<p>Yes it can be a problem because it has to match with what you reported on your application. I would call and/or email right away with your student ID and your class and write that you did not put it on your application and state your reason why and then you should be fine. But definitely email them letting them know.</p>

<p>No, it’s not going to be a problem. Double check whether it counts as an A-G class, but in either case, it shouldn’t be a problem.</p>