Post Office - Part 2

<p>I was surprised that I got a call since I also requested an email, when I saw the caller ID I figured it was a follow up to the package I that went missing for so many days.</p>

<p>Not sure if this was shared yet… sorry if duplicate.
[Ferg</a> Post Office to Close in May | The Crimson White](<a href=“Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White”>Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White)</p>

<p>I was hesitant to post this as I didn’t want to post “rumors” but when I visited the post office at my university this past week, I was chatting with the gentleman behind the desk & about the long line of students waiting on the package line. He told me that even though the line looked long, the average wait line was only 9 minutes. Impressed, given the issues that have suddenly issued at UA this year, I mentioned the situation to him & that I’d heard the UA Post office was closing. He told me that staff from UA had spent a couple of days on my campus training this past summer and that UA’s post office would be a university run service. Which sounds exactly what the article reported.</p>

<p>If UA’s university run post office runs like Vandy’s university run post office, then all these issues will be a thing of the past.</p>

<p>And my D got to wait 2 hours today for a package. But there were cookies so all was well :)</p>

<p>Thank you JosieP for posting the article. The details match what I was told by UA administration. </p>

<p>RobD, I know most of the Campus Mail employees through my campus job and all are very nice and efficient.</p>

<p>DS had to wait in line for over an hour to pick up his package on Tuesday.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if lines to pick up at Paty are as long? I need to send DS a package, and was wondering if I should send to USPS or Paty.</p>

<p>Normally the lines at Paty are quick, during the day of move-in packages could be picked up in a matter of minutes but this week the lines have been very long. Perhaps everyone is sending packages to Paty instead of the Post Office.</p>

<p>I would still send packages to Paty instead of the Post Office based on what has been happening there.</p>

<p>Paty would have to be a better choice … still ridiculous lines at the post office. D was there yesterday for over an hour when the worker announced it was closing time and just turned off the lights. The worker told one girl in line that perhaps she should come earlier in the day if she really wants her packages.</p>

<p>My D will try again today but she asked me not to mail anything else right now because it is too time-consuming to go pick it up. How sad!</p>

<p>Guess I will email her photos of care packages instead of actual care packages …</p>

<p>Is it time to put in more complaints? And I willsend package to paty instead of USPS. Thanks .</p>

<p>Guess their “solution” isn’t working. I wondered how it would solve anything if still only have 2 workers.</p>

<p>As much of a hassle it is to wait for 45 minutes for a package (my son did that late last week), he asked me not to send anything to Paty. Several times in the past, I did, and he never received any notification that the package had arrived. </p>

<p>If I told my dad of all the post office problems, I know exactly what he would say. Forget the package. It’s much easier to put a check in an envelope to any college kid.</p>

<p>My D picked up a package at the post office yesterday and said she waited less than 20 minutes. I think 15-20 minutes is a long time to wait, but it’s waaay better than 2 hours! I would think isolating the package pickups from the time consuming PO box openings will improve things a lot for those picking up packages.</p>