Post office

<p>We were able to renew online through <a href=“http://www.usps.com%5B/url%5D”>www.usps.com</a></p>

<p>Crazyinalabama -
This is how we addressed things from Amazon, since they ship UPS, pasted from my Amazon acct.</p>

<p>My son’s name, Ridgecrest West #304
c/o Paty Delivery Center
210 McCorvey Drive
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
United States
Phone: my son’s phone #</p>

<p>AL34: They told me to mail it to: Postmaster, Tuscaloosa, AL 35486 and that the zip code would get it to their location. They said to put D’s name and P.O. Box # on the check, but that she had pulled her record and noted it was being renewed.</p>

<p>As for shipping, most stuff I send D (and also shipments from Barnes & Noble) go to her P.O. Box so it’s </p>

<p>D’s Name
P.O Box #
Tuscaloosa, AL 35486-4 digit extention</p>

<p>And what AL34 said about Paty shipments.</p>

<p>AL34 and RobD posted the correct formats to address a package that is being shipped to Paty and a PO Box, respectively.</p>

<p>My renewal notice lists the University Post Office’s address as:</p>

<p>Postmaster
Tuscaloosa, AL 35486-9998</p>

<p>When shipping with Amazon, remember that Amazon does not do 2-day (or less) shipping to PO Boxes, so you have to ship to Paty if you want 2-Day shipping. Also, UPS and FedEx deliver packages at 8:30 am and noon, so there is no need to pay more for guaranteed morning arrival.</p>

<p>Also Note: that from The US Post Office there is no guaranteed next day mail service to Alabama from certain areas (where I am in the Northeast). So check when the package will be delivered, before you spend the extra postage. Packages go quicker via UPS from here.</p>

<p>From the PNW, Express Mail takes 2 days to get to the university (only 1 to go back), but only 1 day to get to the rest of Tuscaloosa. Priority Mail, of which I highly recommend the flat rate boxes, takes 2 days, so there is really no reason to ship via express mail. My mom can bake me something, ship it in the evening, and I will get it at 8:30 am two days later. I have also shipped a box via parcel post and it arrived in 2 days rather than the week it was scheduled for, actually arriving earlier than the priority mail box I shipped at the same time.</p>

<p>Sea_tide, nice to know I’m not the only mom who sends baked goods.</p>

<p>Al34,</p>

<p>Thanks! I’ll do that.</p>