Post your Bama Bound dates here

<p>I thought it’d be a good chance for some of us to meet up during Bama Bound, so if you could, post the session that you and/or your family will be attending.</p>

<p>My parents and I will be there May 29-30, although they’ve opted to stay in a hotel rather than a dorm.</p>

<p>We will be tehre with my son 5/31-6/1. Coming in a little early to explore town. Not sure how early yet.</p>

<p>D2 is signed up for 5/31-6/1. D1 is coming with us to check out T-town so we will be in a hotel. Roll tide!</p>

<p>My D can’t go until June 11th and 12th. I’m bummed she’ll miss the Honors BB, but others on here said it would all work out fine.</p>

<p>D is going to 5/31 - 6/1 BB. We are staying in the dorm! We are all pretty excited. Coming from chicago so flying in early 5/30 to hang out and get some good Southern food! Staying until 6/2.</p>

<p>My H and S will be there for May 29-30 BB. Both will be staying in the dorm. I wish I can come too, but I won’t be able to visit UA until August when we drop him off for Outdoor Action.</p>

<p>My daughter is registered for May 29-30. I plan to stay in the dorm as it is cheaper than getting a hotel room. Considering I lived in Tutwiler (for 3 years!) many years ago, Ridgecrest South will seem luxurious! :slight_smile: D is looking forward to the whole Bama Bound experience! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>D (along with rest of us, Mom, Dad and two younger sisters) will be there 5/31 - 6/1. Will be there at least a day early, and a day later, will stay off campus in garden home, but willing to meet up.</p>

<p>D is going for the May 31 session. We haven’t registered a parent yet, though I’ve booked her dad on Southwest. She just told me yesterday that she thought it might be better for me to come. I think she’s concerned about registration. But I told her I’d read on CC that the parents don’t participate with the student during the advisor meeting or the actual registration. I’ve already planned to take M2CK’s advice and register her online that morning. Since I will have already made two trips, her dad and I thought it would be good for him to go. Maybe we should bite the bullet and both go.</p>

<p>Latte, could you share M2ks advice as to why it is good to register online that morning vs. waiting for kid to do it? I must have missed that tidbit. Thanks</p>

<p>Spring, I’ve seen her mention it a couple of times. I think she did it with her second son. As I recall, I’ve seen her mention it when people said they were concerned about classes filling up when seats got released to the BB session. I may have misspoke to call it ‘advice’.</p>

<p>From a recent M2CK post (I hope I’m not taking anything out of context here):</p>

<p>You can help your child with registration (and getting done faster) if you register his classes for him the second morning of BB. Around 9 am the hold is lifted and by logging into MyBama you can register the desired classes. Doing this helps get classes and helps get things done more quickly on that second day.</p>

<hr>

<p>Students do meet with advisors without parents present…but that doesn’t affect who can register.</p>

<p>Registering is done thru MyBama…anyone can do it if they have access to the mybama acct. I’ve registered for my kids lots of times (like when they had early reg times or it was during a class). I registered S2’s BB schedule at 9am on Day 2…and I wasn’t anywhere near him.</p>

<p>On Day 2, at around 9-10am the reg holds are lifted…at that point, anyone with logon access to a student’s acct can register for classes. As long as you have a laptop or whatever with you, you can log on and register for the desired classes.</p>

<p>And, YES, a student needs to go to Bama Bound with a proposed schedule in hand (with a few course and time options…Plan A, Plan B, etc). </p>

<p>Each BB has about 400 kids attending…and they’re all registering at the same time…you don’t want to be figuring out a schedule “from scratch” otherwise classes will fill up while you’re trying to figure out what to take. </p>

<p>This isn’t a big deal. There really isn’t a big mystery as to what to sign up for. If you’ve chosen a major (especially within engineering), the courses are often sequenced, so little choice is made.</p>