Postponed Applicant Result Thread

<p>This is pretty self-explainatory but I figured it would be nice for all the postponed applicants to have a place to post their admissions decisions/other info as it becomes available, since it's finally that time of the year. I spoke with my admissions counselor back in october when I was postponed and she encouraged me to call to review my new info. at the end of January but she's been out of the office for about two weeks so no updates from me yet. Good luck to everyone, and post away!</p>

<p>I thought we didn't hear until march 15th?</p>

<p>anyway my postponed supplemental thing sucked :(
my midyear grades were all like 90ish sooo idk</p>

<p>but I've already got accepted to 6 schools.. waiting on 2 next week (know I'll get into one), and wisconsin will be my last one lol</p>

<p>we can here any time between feb. 1st and march 15th I believe, but from what the posters from last year said, it seems like the usual time is anywhere between about march 5th and march 18th. I'm hoping for sooner anyway.</p>

<p>Fabalyss21, did you call wisconsin's office of undergraduate admission to inquire about your postponed decision? Did you ask them if you could do anything to enhance your chance of getting in when that March 15th deadline comes around, and if you did, do you think it would be beneficial to do so and reiterate to one's respective admission counselor that there is still lots of interest in going to Wisconsin?</p>

<p>Yes, I did. I have been calling/emailing back and forth with my admission counselor since I received my decision in October, and definintely feel that doing so was a good move. I spoke with my personal admission counselor about a week ago to update her on some new accomplishments, reiterate my interest, and see if I could get an idea of how admissions were shaping up. She was very positive, and though she couldn't give me any answer about how many spaces may be left in the freshman class (she said they have not reviewed the numbers yet and will do so at the end of February) she did let me know that my credentials were up to par for admission, and that she feels she knows me as an applicant now and will be sure to remember my name. All very positive things. I suggest anyone in my same position take a similar course of action--it can only help.</p>

<p>fabalyss, how did you get a personal admissions counselor, when you called?</p>

<p>It was quite awhile ago when I first got in contact with her, but I called the admissions office and someone transfered me to her, I think. Otherwise, I may have left a message and she returned my call. Sorry I'm not much help.</p>

<p>This info may not longer accurate. But as I was told (years ago), every applicant is assigned an admission counselor who is primarily responsible for reviewing his/her file and presenting the candidate at the committee meeting where admission decision is made. So fabalyss's "personal" admission counselor may very well be the one who is responsible for his/her file. I certainly hope that is case as it sounds like this particular counselor is going to be his/her advocate in the committee.</p>

<p>How do you know if you are a postponed applicant? Where does it show?</p>

<p>Yes, she confirmed that she is the counselor responsible for reviewing my application, that she reviewed it the first time and will again when the postponed applications are reviewed. You should be able to check your status (if you're postponed) at the student center at my.wisc.edu.</p>

<p>has anyone who was postponed got in yet????</p>

<p>Nothing for me yet. It really could be any time now, but from the posts last year the earliest date someone got a result was the 8th I think, so I'm not expecting anything till around that date. When I talked to my counselor, she said they review Postponed OOS students first, then in state, then minnesota, so maybe you can sort of gaudge when you will hear by that.</p>

<p>Just found out I got in online around 11:50 A.M on March 7th, 2007. I am OOS and sent all of my post-poned materials and grades the last week in February.</p>

<p>I had been checking the application status window every few hours.</p>

<p>I just created this account to let everyone know in case they were eager. Thanks for all the info over the years.</p>

<p>ughhhhh I'm OOS but nothing yet...</p>

<p>I am OOS but not even a postponed applicant and I haven't heard anything yet.</p>

<p>CONGRATS to shanku_con! I hope you choose to attend Wisconsin. Will you like to share your stat with us?</p>

<p>Most postponed candidates who are admitted should hear any moment now... (not to make everyone more nervous!) as the counselors update the system. If you can't wait, find a good excuse to call your counselor... Good luck to y'all!</p>

<p>Congratulations! Mind sharing your stats?? If the out of state are being reviewed now, the in-state can't be far away. I'm getting so anxious!</p>

<p>Instead of giving you raw numbers to fry your brains out with I think I can ease everyone's mind in saying that my Mid-Year senior grade report had a C on it. And no I wasn't a straight A student all the other semesters. I think they are looking to see if you pass your classes and if you actually send the post-poned supplements.</p>

<p>I wrote very strong essays both in the formal application and the post-poned one and I think they got me in. I had previously sent 1 rec letter and I am South Asian. That part surprised me the most, I thought I would have an easier time being a minority (granted not underrepresented but still there's few Asians at Wisco). I found out online and when I came home from school there was no mail from Wisco. It says online that they have mailed all my registration info already, so I guess that's coming within the week. Anyways, all you OOS people will probably hear within 72 hours. My last name is towards the top of the alphabet so lets say they do it alphabetically, then maybe judge time by that. I'm still waiting on Michigan (also deferred). If I don't get into Michigan (and maybe even if I do) I am definitely becoming a Badger.</p>

<p>Thanks, if you have any more questions ask.</p>

<p>I got in!!!!
I thought I had a really good shot at first (3.9 gpa, 1300 sat, 29 act, top 15%)
and my essays on the postponed supplement thing were really bad imo
but my midyear grades were like 3 As and 2 Bs (in AP calc and physics at the community college) so I guess that helped..</p>

<p>Ajr, are you OOS too?</p>

<p>And Shanku_con, thanks for posting your stats. I feel pretty confident now since I had a 4.0 last semester, but then again, I'm in state and caucasian and female, so we'll see.</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.</p>