Postponed applicant thread

<p>When did you finish and send in your supplemental??</p>

<p>i sent it over two day mail last tuesday... I know its quick. I don't understand. I turned in my regular application on like the 31st of january or the 1st of febuary and I remember being postponed a week later and someone asking why it was so fast. Same thing happened at penn state. I turned in my application on 11/30 and had a answer made in a week and had the package in the mail in 9 days...</p>

<p>i hope this is of some help. Yesterday I received an e-mail saying that they received my fafsa, even though i sent it a while ago. In a seperate e-mail they said they needed me to turn in copies of my tax forms(i should have done that a while ago). I said to my buddy that this looks like a good sign and the next day i am listed as admitted on the site. I'll check my mail when it comes and tell everyone if I have received a package. I don't believe these things till its in writing...</p>

<p>i got in today!!!! im so excited! i found out from an allumnus that called me. he told me to get housing ASAP but i wont be able to book a dorm until end of april when i hear from michigan. what should i do?? should i put down a deposit?</p>

<p>yeah arb88, did you get a call from harvey Borkin? We live in the same area so... Did he invite you to that thing in bethesda? I hope I can go but I am not to sure if i can.</p>

<p>Congrats Cheapseats! Are you going to Madison, or staying at UMD?</p>

<p>Thanks. I really have no clue. Maybe i'll have a better idea after this weekend. I am visiting maryland and hopefully i can go to the wisconsin event nearby. IT really comes down to aid. I have a 1400 EFC so i will be basically paying it off in a loan. I will have to decide is the loan worth it? hmmmm..... i have some thinking to do.</p>

<p>I am majoring in business so wisconsin is the clear choice but i really love Maryland and there business program is also great. I got into the scholars program at Maryland and if i get into the business specific one I think it will play a part in my decision. THen i have penn state in which i got into a business program that they offer to 80-100 freshmen every year and there are a total of 5000 undergrads at Smeal in penn state. so that is about 360/5000. atleast i have choices, something i didn't think i would have.</p>

<p>Everyone make sure you check online, I found out there today. Don't have an e-mail yet, didn't get a phone call, nothing in the mail today.</p>

<p>you found out you got in?</p>

<p>Yeah, I got in online today.</p>

<p>I just got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday...exciting, looks like its between Indiana and Wisconsin if I don't get Michigan.</p>

<p>CONGRATS guapo</p>

<p>Ugh, just called admissions and the lady said my decision would be emailed to me today... does it mean I've been rejected if she doesn't just tell me my decision on the phone? She didn't sound too excited either...</p>

<p>no, thats not the case. I thought i was rejected because the lady wouldnt tell me and it seemed kind of secretive, but then the next day in the mail i got the acceptance.</p>

<p>Thanks, I'm less nervous now.. anyone know what time of day they post decisions? I'm dying here!!</p>

<p>Is anyone getting any responses today on the weside or by email? Wondering if not the only one who isn't getting a decision...</p>

<p>Don't worry, I just got a phone call from an admissions officer and she said that they have stuff coming out still.</p>

<p>Gah, still no decision!!</p>

<p>i just got rejected.</p>

<p>SAT: 740M 760V 700W
class rank: 200/611(ouch)
good e.c's... founded a club and captain of successful physics team.. essay about family problems i had.</p>

<p>im really surprised i was rejected. maybe they got my midyear grades too late(i sent them only two-three weeks ago). </p>

<p>blah</p>

<p>Still haven't gotten a letter, I'm guessing that's a rejection...</p>

<p>Although your rank is low, I'm surprised you were rejected with a 1500...</p>