Postponed applicant thread

<p>Perhaps it's his GPA.</p>

<p>Rejected. 3.5 gpa but a 4.0 senior year including my college courses. 2050 SAT (meh.) Yeah, I'm beyond ****ed especially considering that the other schools I've been accepted to are too expensive. Ugh.</p>

<p>Uhmm did you hafta send your mid year? I sent nothing and got in... of course it wasnt business ... i applied to "BA" on accident.</p>

<p>You don't have to send in your mid-year. They request it, but kids have gotten in without sending in mid-year reports or the question sheet.</p>

<p>I'm sorry to hear about that Vicky, do you have any plans to appeal the decision? Show even more interest, they can't have that little of space avaliable.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>THat is why you declined going there?? I applied for business and got "ba" too. The reason is business is not offered to freshmen. You most likely applied under the correct major</p>

<p>When did you apply Vicky?</p>

<p>In January so it was quite late.. I wanted to be able to send in my first semester grades at the college I attend part time while in HS. I bet they rejected me for my essays.. they were very well-written but kind of vindictive; to the integrity question, I wrote something along the lines of 'if you can only find one instance where you showed integrity, you must not be a very considerate person.' Haha.</p>

<p>I wrote my integrity essay pretty much the same way. I said if you could only define integrity by picking one important moment it means you lack integrity at other times. I basically said i can't pick just one moment because I like to believe i show integrity in every decision i make. blah blah, crap like that, cause i was angry for having to write more essays.</p>

<p>Holy crap, that's just about what I put; I was fed up with writing essays that I kind of took it out on that one. Oh well.</p>

<p>haha, i bet they got a lot of angry essays. There was def no 100 dollar bill i had to return or pot of gold i had to tell someone about.</p>

<p>Where did you get into? Your stats were better than mine but the college proccess this year is out of control.</p>

<p>Also, I got rejected from Penn State and got into Wisconsin so its all luck at this point.</p>

<p>I got into Penn State and Tulane... I guess we're inverses? haha.. Where do you think you'll attend?</p>

<p>I am just waiting on my Michigan Deferral right now, if not there then most likely Wisconsin.</p>

<p>I said that integrity was a thing and you are only tested a few times one your integrity. It chooses random times to pop up. It is doing the right thing when it is easier to do the wrong thing. There are no consequences for not building your integrity. </p>

<p>like if someone gave you an extra $10 in change and you give it back. You would face no consequences for not giving it back to the person and that person would never find out. It is doing it just because it is the right thing.</p>

<p>well it is illegal to not give it back....its fraud, lol. Sorry we just learned about that in law and american society. anyway i doubt the essays were a huge difference as long as you took the time to do them.</p>

<p>It's not fraud.</p>

<p>Yeah, guapocarlos, I don't think you really know what fraud means.</p>

<p>it is considered fraud if you accept an offer that you did not contract for. At least in the state of massachusetts. The only reason I brought it up was because the extra 10 dollars in return is the example they use in our law book for school.</p>

<p>"All multifarious means which human ingenuity can devise, and which are resorted to by one individual to get an advantage over another by false suggestions or suppression of the truth. It includes all surprises, tricks, cunning or dissembling, and any unfair way which another is cheated. "</p>

<p>Fraud--you need to act to mislead. Unless you are a shortchange artist there is no misleading if you take the extra change.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.aicpa.org/PUBS/JOFA/oct2004/lawrence.htm%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.aicpa.org/PUBS/JOFA/oct2004/lawrence.htm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>fraud has a very broad legal definition. A man was arrested for keeping a $2000 tractor when he only ordered a $500 one (very similar situation). Keeping 10 dollars in extra change is the same as recieving stolen property. The only intent needed is knowledge or neglect. Once you realize you have the 10 dollars you were not rightfully owed, you have the legal obligation to give it back otherwise you could face penalties.</p>