postponed/audition

<p>I applied to the school as a computer science major...but intend on pursuing both CS and Music. I was postponed in November, and I auditioned at the university just last week. Will my audition have any sway in my admission? Or will it be completely separate because i applied to the University as a computer science major?</p>

<p>Admission to UW is to the university as a whole. It does not matter what your major is. Some programs have extra requirements for admission to their major- such as the music audition. It is possible to be admitted to the university but not into a specific program/major.</p>

<p>hmmm…would the admissions office maybe look at auditioning at the university as beneficial? or will they pretty much be indifferent</p>

<p>They won’t even care. Totally separate experience. What wis75 said is correct. You can get accepted to the university and denied to the School of Music through your audition. Your auditioning will not have any sway on their decision.</p>

<p>The School of Music works in conjunction with the main undergraduate admissions office to determine whether you qualify for admission. </p>

<p>just read that on the school of music’s website…so…it does in some way…</p>

<p>No. Your admission to the university as a whole will not be affected your admission or lack of to the the SofM. You’re working the opposite way, there, from the end of the SofM, not the university.</p>

<p>Another way of putting it-you can’t get into the School of Music if you are not admitted to the university.</p>

<p>Applepush–my D auditioned for the UW School of Music in voice and didn’t make it, but had been admitted to the University as a whole in advance. One had nothing to do with the other. Even though at the time of the rejection she had wanted to be a music teacher, she was appreciative of the breadth of departments & majors at UW-Madison, and has switched gears quite nicely.</p>

<p>A lot more students would audition and then not take any music courses if this were a way into UW. The school is telling you you also need to be admitted to UW as a whole- their acceptance is dependent on the university’s. Students need to have made arrangements for/gone through auditions while their admission status may be pending.</p>