Postponed chances at UW Madison

I can understand why a young person might feel this way. But it isn’t personal - by law only a certain percentage can be non-residents so a great number of well-qualified students are postponed… Hang in there!

Yeah he knows, his mind is by no means made up but the longer this drags on the more he feels he has no choice. He is an engineering student so he has to get housing prepared for the other school before he’s stuck with terrible housing in a party dorm where he can’t study. Personally I think this is a ridiculous way to treat applicants stringing them along. If I were him I’d go to the other school but it’s his decision.

@UIUCDAD - at the other school, he can likely put down a housing deposit (likely even refundable), to get the equal shot at his desired housing. That really is no reason to not wait.

Yes! Waiting for the postpone decision is taking so long, and it is really annoying me

@wayneandgarth. You have to sign the contract when you put down the deposit and it doesn’t allow a refund.

@uiucdad - and they don’t give everyone equal shot for their choice of dorm (or room type preference) if you accept admission and sign the housing contract by May 1st? Sounds like not. If so, then yes you would have more of a dilemma.

@wayneandgarth, no equal shot because they give preference to upperclassmen so it’s a first come first serve. The longer he waits the slimmer his chances get. There is another dorm available which wouldn’t be terrible but it isn’t his first choice. All the other dorms are too far away from the Engineering classes.

With free bus service running most of the time nothing is really too far away from anyplace else on campus. There are a couple private dorms close to engineering too.

Can people please start chancing me