Postponed decisions..how to improve chances?

<p>Yeah, so basically I got posted decesion and i'm not going to lie, I have the lowest grades probably of most who got this decesion. I have 1140 sat and a 89 average, with president of 2 clubs and many awards as well as a captain in one varsity sport and leader in two other varsity sports.</p>

<p>Anyway i can improve my chances? My mid-year grades are OK. Probably a little worse then a 89, and wouldn't make them take me..so what can i do?</p>

<p>Make sure you send in all the supplemental info as requested. Continue to keep your UW contacts aware of your strong interest to attend the university. Be patient and wait. :)</p>

<p>My guess is your standardized test scores and class rank are probably the two most significant factors of keeping you out. Try to ask (very nicely) the admission if that's indeed the case. If so, perhaps you do want consider retaking SAT (or taking ACT) if you haven't already done so. </p>

<p>Bottom line, any extra effort and communication may tip the edge in your favor. Good luck!</p>

<p>I sent my supplemental info the next week. I was told not to call them unless I have something to brag about, like what have I done since I told them everything, but i'm not sure if I should still contact them or not.</p>

<p>I took the SAT 3 times. It's frustrating because while being tutored and practiving I was getting 1200+ easily everytime, and on the actual SAT my best combined is 1140 (1720)</p>

<p>You may end up attending another college and transfering later- it is not the end of the world and may an incentive to do well wherever you end up.</p>

<p>Your SAT and class rank are fine. I had test scores around yours and a 3.0 GPA and was accepted. You should answer all the questions on the supplement and make sure you sent teacher recs. All they really care about at this point is whether you are willing to put in the effort.</p>