Postponed... Decisions?

<p>Just got accepted after being postponed</p>

<p>congratulations teachmehow2bucky! It’s been a long wait, I’m just glad it’s finally all starting to come to an end. I’m bracing for my upcoming rejection :(</p>

<p>I was previously postponed, and now:</p>

<p>“After careful review and consideration of your application, we are offering you the opportunity to join our waitlist. Please refer to your decision letter for specific information”</p>

<p>Son waitlisted also. :(</p>

<p>My application tracker changed from postponed to the following during the night: “Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.” 3.8 gpa unweighted, 31 ACT, honors diploma, NHS, varsity soccer, 7 PSEO credits, 5 AP classes, 25% class rank. Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>Beanblossom, Congrats! Are you out of state?</p>

<p>I’m from Minnesota</p>

<p>Thanks, You are considered in state under the rec. agreement. Did You apply to UMN?</p>

<p>Well, there it is and well before deadline. Congrats to those who got in and sorry to those rejected or waitlisted.
And big congrats to short-handed admissions staff working hard in the face of much turmoil over their future and massive excitement right up the street. Very hard to stay on task when history is being made 10 blocks away.</p>

<p>I haven’t gotten a final decision yet…</p>

<p>only a few decisions seemed to have come out. Are they trickling them out</p>

<p>My D has not received a final decision yet. Her status continues to show postponed. We will see if they let her know by the 15th!</p>

<p>My status actually changed later than when I got an e-mail… So be on the lookout for that too.</p>

<p>Grown ups? Harrumph. </p>

<p>There are maybe a dozen postponed people here waiting decisions and at least half already have them so I’m pretty sure the rest are on the way. This site just represents the most vocal. Most people are just going about their lives without worrying too much about it one way or another. There must be at least 10,000 waiting right now and we have a dozen here. Do the math.</p>

<p>i still haven’t heard back and after hearing about judyjim’s son being waitlisted I’m sure there’s no way I’m getting in.</p>

<p>I thought that you would have made the cut. I am still just waiting. I thought that when I saw all the updates this morning that my son would have the news (I didn’t want to wake him up). I think UW is trying to compare apples to apples then apples to oranges. The fact that you are foreign poses a problem for evaluation (I don’t understand your grading system). In my case there are at least a dozen people from his school that applied. My son has a 3.5 and his grades are sloping up. He had a 4 midterm report with challeging classes. Some of his friends who were on the deferred list had lower mid-term grades. My son was accepted in all the schools that he applied. We are waiting for UW to decide between University of Maryland. It makes it easy if he is rejected. There are over a dozen people going to Maryland and none that will go the UV (except my son (maybe)). Does anyone have an opinion between the two schools (i realize that this is a UW board).</p>

<p>My s is in at Minnie and Marquette, waiting to hear on UCSD, in 30 minutes, UCSB and UCD and of course uw… Minnie and Marquette have given nice scholarships, and with my d at UCSD, I am writing the check alone, Minnie is looking just fine. Great oos deal.</p>

<p>justwaiting1, UV is a great school. Even though the ranking isn’t so high it is an up and coming school getting very high rankings in business program from Wall Streetand also good medical school. Also, students coming out of UV are getting high paying jobs.</p>

<p>I am writing the check as well, but I will pay 100% for UCONN and he makes up the difference to the other schools. Our number one choice was University of Miami (FL), but it was 53K and he received no money. I can see little difference beteen U maryland and UW. I think the his big investment will be law school (he pays). The top schools are on the coasts so Maryland will be a good choice. I have the money to pay for any school my children pick. I can’t see anyone taking out loans for a BA. Some of my friend who were smart and middle class went to Commuity colleges and transfered to IVY league schools. They could have gotten in as freshman but the cost was too high. I hope he gets in, but he is already wearing the Maryland jersey. Good luck all.</p>

<p>Judyjim I meant UW, not UV. Originally my son wanted university of Virgina and UNC. When we started looking through Naviance we noticed that it was easier getting into Harvard then UNC and UV was not far behind. Our high school had almost 100 acceptance in UW, very few ended up going. My kids received a great secondary education. The only problem is that the people in our town are too smart. Some of my friends have kids that are much older then mine. Their kids got into most of the great east coast liberal arts schools. They went to Rutgers and one was accepted into to all medical schools he applied, and other other was accepted into all ivy league law schools and Stanford law, ended up going to NYU.</p>