Postponed... Decisions?

<p>for those who were postponed then accepted/rejected, did your soar status change? if so to what?</p>

<p>Accepted!! OOS 4.0 W GPA. 10 AP classes. Great extracurriculars. Internship senior year. White Female. (and I didn’t apply for any aid which probably helped)</p>

<p>I will be attending next fall! UW was my first choice and I am ecstatic that I got in!!!</p>

<p>After careful review and consideration of your application, we are offering you the opportunity to join our waitlist. Please refer to your decision letter for specific information.</p>

<p>i don’t think i’m going to join their waitlist… i’m probably going to ultimately get rejected… at least i got into McGill</p>

<p>just checked myUW fully expecting a denial but I’m in! :smiley: I’m so susprised/ecstatic that I’m shaking! 3.63 UW, 29 ACT. i wrote a letter expressing what UW means to me and that I’d definitely attend if admitted. I sent two additional letters of recommendation with my mid-year report but apparently 6 OTHER teachers/coaches sent letters.</p>

<p>@kasb25, my SOAR status did not change. The only thing that changed was “We have postponed a decision on your application…” to “Congratulations! You have been admitted to…”</p>

<p>To all accepted: Congrats and hopefully I’ll be seeing you next fall! :smiley:
To all waitlisted: I’m sorry you weren’t accepted…many of you are much more deserving of acceptance than I am. I’m positive that all of you will be very happy and successful wherever you choose to attend :)</p>

<p>Are they sending these decisions by counselor? If so has anyone with Roxanne Allison heard back yet?</p>

<p>I have her, and I have not heard back yet… I’m scared.</p>

<p>i was wondering if anyone who has bobbie jean st arnauld as their counselor has heard back yet…someone who lives semi-near me with much lower stats than myself and many other CC people just got in and i do not know if she has the same counselor as me…</p>

<p>any chance more postponed hear tomorrow or tuesday? Or is the earliest going to be wednesday since it takes two days for the system to process?</p>

<p>@madtownswag yes you can hear today…</p>

<p>i just checked my account at 12am and was admitted! i was definitely expecting a rejection and was totally shocked. i know its very hard to wait and i was getting extemely impatient but its only a few more days of waiting. i hope that all of you get in :slight_smile: best of luck!</p>

<p>@kdubs I felt the same exact way. Just got in as well!!! I’m bouncing off the walls excited, and this definitely puts UW-Madison in my top 3!</p>

<p>@nymets71993 same i was falling asleep and now im wide awake! im between u of i and uw madison right now…still not sure! what are your other schools?</p>

<p>haha I know exactly how you feel… I’m deciding between now Wisco and IU, where I have a $9,000/yr scholarship and a place in the media scholars program at the school of journalism. It’s just surprising because I didn’t think I was getting in!</p>

<p>I just got in! I’m so excited! I was hanging out with some friends, I came home and I checked my status and I was in. And now I won’t be able to sleep.</p>

<p>For stats for my fellow postponed Students, I was about a 3.5 GPA UW and a 1820 on my SAT. I had great EC’s, and the one thing is I had killer midyear grades (5 A’s 1 B in mostly a college curiculum).</p>

<p>Now I have no idea where I’m going to go. Ohio State, Madison or Washington are my big 3. When All is said and done, I bet its Madison.</p>

<p>And there must be a trend, because towards the end I didn’t think I’d get in either. hahaha</p>

<p>sclindsay and nymets, CONGRATS! My son is in Orange county and has almost the identical stats so You give me hope. Thx.</p>

<p>was postponed and now am on wait list. anyone have any clues about the wait list? what percentage of applicants are wait listed and how many get in. better than a rejection i guess. already accepted at msu and waiting on four others. rejected from ucla. they had 61,000 applications for 5,300 spots according to the letter</p>

<p>I got rejected from UCLA too. Thats crazy. 61,000 applications. I haven’t heard from UW yet and I refuse to check my status online. I’m to scared.</p>

<p>my daughter got in OOS ACT 30 GPA 3.8 lots of extras particularly in Broadcasting…woohoo!</p>

<p>Mindh10,
2 years ago 500 got in off the wait list, last year, zero. Everyone gets waitlisted if not accepted.</p>

<p>No, I have not heard back from UW yet. I assumed that we would know before the 15th but I suppose not. Is it a bad thing that we have not heard yet? Do you know if that means anything?</p>