Postponed... Decisions?

<p>For those who were accepted, have You recieved any notice in your mail box yet?</p>

<p>no not yet…I ran to the mailbox today but the letter hadn’t come yet</p>

<p>I just checked my online status and I got waitlisted :frowning: do they deny people? all of my decisions are so undecisive.
but it’s okay, I like my other schools a lot and I don’t really want to go there after Walker messes everything up.</p>

<p>So far Walker has not been that bad towards the UW. Just approved most of their construction items. He is willing to give Madison the freedom it wants. No other Governor would do that. He might be cheap but he’s not completely crazy, I think.</p>

<p>[On</a> Campus: Gov. Walker recommends about $300 million in facilities for UW](<a href=“http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/education/on_campus/article_37d7b658-4e89-11e0-b0a1-001cc4c03286.html?sourcetrack=moreArticle]On”>http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/education/on_campus/article_37d7b658-4e89-11e0-b0a1-001cc4c03286.html?sourcetrack=moreArticle)</p>

<p>My counselor is Sheri Lunde. Does anyone else have her? Have the heard anything yet?</p>

<p>Status changed tonight from postponed to admitted. Soar Registration message didn’t change, so be sure to go to the Student Center when checking for updates. </p>

<p>As for stats… GPA 3.7, ACT 30, NHS, 7 APs, 100+ volunteer hours, two sport athlete, additional ECs. Sent four additional letters of rec with mid-year grades.</p>

<p>Good luck to all who are still postponed… your wait is almost over.</p>

<p>Website just changed from posponed to accepted 5 minutes ago…32 ACT 3.5 UW GPA and over 100 hours of community service. Good luck to everyone else!</p>

<p>wait and raoooo, congrats! in state or oos?</p>

<p>s just waitlisted. oos, 31 act, eagle scout. 9 ap’s, 3.7 gpa…wow, gotta hand it to UW… High bar. My alum $$$ now goes to d school, UCSD and my son’s choice next month, either UCdavis or Minnesota. See Ya Bucky, it’s been a fun 35 years.</p>

<p>I thought I’d post for everyone since it appears that only the good news makes the posts. Was post-poned and now denied on the last day-not waitlisted–No email, found out by checking website. STATS–
30ACT
OOS
2 Sport Athlete
several clubs
3 AP classes (my school doesn’t offer that many)
Went to official tour</p>

<p>Congrats to those accepted—This was really my 1st choice school–really disappointed</p>

<p>P.S. To those who got in and aren’t going there could you let schools know ASAP–even though not on wait-list, it relieves the anxiety for someone else.</p>

<p>Ive been kind of anxious waiting like this, I’ve been checking online like every 15 minutes, I’d better go check again lol.</p>

<p>so basically. under student center, I have to click status details to see if I got in or not?
I really cannot find the decision.</p>

<p>I didn’t have to go into the status area-- I just went to the student center and right next to Status it said- and this is a direct cut and paste:</p>

<p>"After careful review and consideration of your application, we regret we are unable to offer you admission. "</p>

<p>@wherewillibe
thanks. It says " We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status ". I guess I have to wait a little more.
hopefully, wisconsin isn’t your first choice… good luck with other universities.</p>

<p>My son’s hs friend was also waitlisted. oos, 4.3 31 act with 13 ap’s. I guess that’s why orange county, population 3 million has 4 current undergrads at Madison. The alumni assc. has seen my last dime. Bye Smucky!</p>

<p>@wherewillibe: What were your midterm senior grades and rigor? I’m really sorry to hear that though. You deserved to get in.</p>

<p>MNBadger2011–thanks for your comments. Straight B’s on midterms, 2 AP classes and all honors except english. I thought I’d at least get waitlisted. I wasn’t comfortable with the B’s but it was a really tough semester and I was on the cusp of 3 A’s, but the transcripts don’t show that and teachers weren’t sympathetic enough to be swayed–don’t know if that would’ve done it, but it sure would’ve helped.</p>

<p>Do you guys think that it’s going to be even harder to get in next year? I’m applying in September and I have a 3.8 UW GPA and am aiming for an ACT around 27 or higher. 2 APS, 4 Honors, over 300 hours comm service and killer ec’s. I know I can great amazing recs too. </p>

<p>Sorry to all of you who didn’t get in, you’ll do great where ever you go!</p>

<p>@ggfan939 i had extremely similar stats and information to what you listed and i was just accepted a few days ago. im not sure if it will be harder next year, but i definitely think you have a great shot! also be sure to write unique, compelling essays!</p>

<p>@kdubs19: Thanks! I have a feeling I can get in but I’ll most likely be postponed. Just out of curiosity, what other schools did you apply to? I’m OOS and I bet it’s gonna be between UC Boulder and UW for me. </p>

<p>It’s kinda nerve-racking though… do you lose all your deposits if you say yes to another school and then find out u got into UW? and do you have less of a chance of getting your preferred dorm if you say yes so late after the early apps did?</p>