Postponed Students

<p>Has anyone been admitted/rejected yet after being postponed?</p>

<p>Yup, I was postponed in October, sent in trimester 1 grades and a term update in early december, and my rejection letter showed up about a week and a half later.</p>

<p>My daughter was postponed last year at the Jan. 15th decision. She sent in first semester grades, wrote a really good, short letter as to why she should be admitted, and her guidance counselor also wrote another letter. She was admitted in March, and is now attending UW and loves it. My recommendation is to not give up hope and think of any additional information you could give them as to why they should admit you…not a repeat of anything you sent though…good luck!</p>

<p>Anyone else get decisions yet? Im guessing they are all going to come out the second week of march… </p>

<p>I applied 19 weeks ago and was postponed in late november. They have my mid-year grades already so i just have to wait five more weeks. YES!! maybe a little sooner!!</p>

<p>I was admitted but I had a really weird way of getting in, I guess. Last Friday I checked my app status, and it said I was postponed. I was kind of expecting it, because I honestly didn’t think I would get in. But, just last night, I checked and I was admitted. I thought I would’ve had to wait another month.</p>

<p>With the admissions deadline past they now can make final decisions knowing the entire applicant pool.</p>

<p>I just sent my grades in last Tuesday and my mid-semester grades changed from “not confirmed” to “received” on the 9th. I’m keeping my fingers crossed from this point on!!!</p>

<p>Bump.</p>

<p>Decisions will be made in early March according to UW website.</p>

<p>What is your act?</p>

<p>I was postponed but I’m really confused as to how this all works :/</p>

<p>Basically you submit grades for first semester and perhaps higher test scores from a retake. Maybe a new letter of rec or a letter of your own saying why you really have UW #1 in your heart, etc. They re-review all postponed apps and take the top half give or take a little.</p>

<p>but you have to fill out the application right? and i don’t get the summer thing… what if we can’t make it to that due to graduation and etc…</p>

<p>You must be referring to SOAR- the summer orientation, advising and registration. That takes place through June and July (just before the new semester- in late August- for international students)- see the UW website. You and your parents (highly recommend the parents program- they won’t get in your way) will need to set aside time to go to Madison if you are accepted. Most Wisconsin students can’t make the earliest sessions as they are still in school but do have to take time from a summer job, this shouldn’t be a problem as your priority is college not temporary summer work.</p>

<p>Amandarin- were you asked to submit an additional application? Are you an URM? Underrepresented minorities are sometimes asked to apply to the Academic Advancement Program (AAP) as a route for entrance into UW: [University</a> of Wisconsin Madison - Academic Advancement Program](<a href=“http://www.lssaa.wisc.edu/aap/]University”>http://www.lssaa.wisc.edu/aap/)</p>

<p>Yeah I’m Hispanic and was asked to apply to the AAP which I don’t understand even after reading the Website</p>

<p>I think attending the Summer Session is a condition of being admitted under the AAP. And it’s FREE. UW rarely give away anything. You get a free summer session including room, food and books.</p>

<p>[Summer</a> Collegiate Experience](<a href=“http://www.lssaa.wisc.edu/sce/faq.html]Summer”>http://www.lssaa.wisc.edu/sce/faq.html)</p>

<p>Yeah I understand that… But I couldn’t make it when it starts anyway… and I’ve gotten into other colleges and I don’t feel I wanna give up my last summer, since I didn’t get one last year and money has nothing to do with it</p>

<p>You better get your priorities straight, Amandarin. If you have an opportunity to get into a state flagship such as Wisconsin, you should jump at the chance. And who says your summer is going to be “given up”? You’ll need to work hard, but, in essense, you’ve been given a chance. If you don’t take advantage of it, that, I believe, will be one of the biggest mistakes of your life. You don’t mention what the other colleges are, but they’d have to be pretty good to be on the level of Wisconsin.</p>

<p>It does not sound like Amandarin has his priorities straight. And if you think going to school and living for free in Madisn for the summer is not an attractive offer–please give it up for somebody with more sense.</p>

<p>Amandarin:</p>

<p>It would appear the admissions people have determined that your attendance could be mutually beneficial to both you and UW. However they think that you would be more comfortable and that your chances for academic success will be improved if you do some summer coursework on campus and maintain a period of closer academic supervision and connection than is usual for most UW students. I can’t say for sure why they think this, but I am sure they are basing this on their experience with thousands of past students.</p>

<p>I think you should view this as a personal endorsement – they want you and are willing to provide you with extra services to get you to come. If you want to pursue this further and are worried about scheduling conflicts with school and graduation (and it appears it would conflict only if they occur later than June 20) I would strongly suggest you contact the AAP (608-263-5068) or SCE offices (608-262-2583, <a href=“mailto:sce2009@lssaa.wisc.edu”>sce2009@lssaa.wisc.edu</a>) to see what can be done.</p>

<p>As far as for “giving up your summer,” I suggest you might find the SCE experience fun. Madison a very good place to be in the summer and you won’t be studying all the time.</p>

<p>Edit:
I see you have posted elsewhere that these are the schools you have in play.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I am sure you will receive a fine education at all of these schools and, although I have an opinion on their academic reputation “pecking order”, I think the differences between most are not huge for a typical undergraduate. So I think you would do well to consider firstly costs and services offered by them. Then I would point out that UW appears to be offering you a significant value-add. What extra, you might reasonably ask, are these other schools going to do for you?</p>