Postponed to U of W- Chances?

<p>What your GPA is- 3.15 (unweighted)
SAT/ACT Test scores- 30 ACT
Lots of Extracurriculars/GREAT Letters of Recommendation
GREAT summer job
4 A's, 2 B's as Mid-Year Grades</p>

<p>Are you taking APs? Madison claims that strength of curriculum is very important.
Also, how strong is your upward trend? If your lower grades were confined to freshman and sophomore years, your chances are better.</p>

<p>no ap's but my senior year grades are excellent and higher than my junior year grades. the reason i got posponed was b/c of no ap's so what do you think</p>

<p>no ap's but my senior year grades are excellent and higher than my junior year grades. the reason i got posponed was b/c of no ap's so what do you think</p>

<p>Are you in-state or out of state? That can make a difference. I do think they like to see AP's but they would have denied you if they thought it was a really big deal. Good senior grades are all you can show them.</p>

<p>Other side of the country ;)</p>

<p>See the thread with the postponed link- UW has a good discussion on it.</p>

<p>what do u think</p>

<p>In response to repeated requests for chances: Frankly, I think students should do their homework and check out all of the easily accessible info on the UW website instead of fishing for positive opinions from CC'ers. If you are capable of going to UW you are capable of reading and evaluating the chances chart and the rest of their info. Whatever we say here will not change anything. It is useful for others to relate decisions made based on similar stats, but patience is required. Those with less than suberb stats should have another school as a backup, the price of the app fee and time is worth it. Also, do not obsess about getting in, once you have submitted all of the info ignore it, it is beyond your control. You have to love your safety, if you get in count it as a bonus.</p>

<p>Wow, is it really that much harder for non-wisconsinites to get into UWMadison? My school sucks (the avg. ACT is 22) and plenty of students get into Madison easily. Like 30 or so. They don't even think about colleges until the last minute, and most of them don't even write essays.</p>

<p>Lopez is some Ivy reject who now has issues.</p>

<p>Seriously this Lopez guy is spamming the board bashing UW... whatever.</p>