Postponed today

<p>Found out in the mail. MyUW still says application is being reviewed.</p>

<p>Stats: 3.6 GPA, 29 ACT, Out-of-state (Michigan), Applied late November. Business major.</p>

<p>Not too heartbroken, considering i've already gotten into 4 other schools, and I was expecting it considering my delayed decision from Michigan.</p>

<p>Got my hopes up... there was a big packet in the mail, only for it to be a postponed letter. Wasn't thick - that may give it away.</p>

<p>Sorry to hear that. I still think you have a good shot for admission later.</p>

<p>So right now you are hanging your hat at Kelley and waiting for their money letter? Do you have their offer of funds??? This is just an update not bad news my friend........hang in there.</p>

<p>I still am keeping my head high - things happen for a reason, and it's not like it's the end of the world. And I pulled off a 3.83 this semester, it can only help.</p>

<p>I'm not totally committed to Kelley, but it's definitely one of my top choices. I haven't visited any campus on my list yet, and I haven't got any financial aid offers from any schools yet, so there's still a lot of things to happen, and heck, I may still get into Michigan or Wisconsin.</p>

<p>Should be an interesting second semester!</p>

<p>Congrats on the GPA......always a nice plus while awaiting the cuts. Let us know, keep us posted.</p>

<p>when did they start to review it?</p>

<p>that big letter in the mail thing is brutal</p>

<p>Bummer...hope you hear better news soon. :)</p>

<p>ahhhhhhhh this really scares me, i remember when u got deferred from Michigan then the next week I got deferred from Michigan... looks like im in the same situation again, what other 4 schools have u been accepted to?</p>

<p>blood brothers in angst here on CC..........</p>

<p>Started reviewing my app in mid December, I believe. </p>

<p>The supplemental application for postponed students makes you write two additional essays, provide a rec letter (big mistake - I should have included one in the first place, as I may have gotten in then), and discuss some ECs.</p>

<p>Here are some numbers: 58% of applicants are admitted upon initial review, 22% are postponed, and 20% are denied.</p>

<p>About half of the postponed applicants end up being admitted.</p>

<p>I got postponed with a 3.0 GPA...1310 SAT, 27 ACT and no teacher recs...Im not sending teacher recs, I have a 3.85 UW GPA senior year and over 4.0 weighted, what are the chances I end up gettin an offer? I also wrote initially explaining some of my C's which were only in spanish classes.</p>

<p>That's a great GPA. Congrats! I think your chances would be a LOT better with a teacher recommendation. Getting that recommendation shows you truly want to go to the university. If there is no recommendation, that will make you stand out, and not in the good way.</p>

<p>I assume thats why they have a supplement for postponed students, to show them who still has interest in the University...After my Penn State rejection and Michigan deferal im gettin nervous about college. Luckily I have one acceptance (Indiana), so a little less stress.</p>

<p>I'm sorry to hear about Penn State. But you still have a chance at some great universities, and you've already gotten into one great one! It's always nice to know you have a spot somewhere next year, which some kids right now don't.</p>

<p>Guapo and TheWolf are destined to end up at Kelley together with their big bux merit monies.....Good luck to both of you guys(?). I love reading your posts.</p>

<p>I mean this in all good ways.........that you will both get into KELLEY with bux and who knows if you will go there.</p>

<p>A2Wolves what 4 colleges have u been admitted to?</p>

<p>Ohio, Michigan State, Indiana, and Miami (FL)</p>

<p>just got into IU today, that is atleast something, still waiting from penn state, and postponed from U of W, and deferred from U of M, hopefully ill here from those 3 soon</p>

<p>From what I've heard, Wisconsin is one of the hardest schools to get in to from out of state. It's a really good school, and if you get in, it would be a very good opportunity for you. I am also still waiting for U of M, and I should expect a decision within 2-4 weeks. Good Luck to everyone still waiting for their Wisc decision.</p>

<p>CONGRATS goblue! IU is a FANTASTIC school! I'll be visiting the campus soon, it's actually ahead of Wisconsin on my list. I bet you got a lot of scholarship money at Indiana as well.</p>

<p>I hope Wisconsin isn't too hard OOS, but maybe that's because lots of kids from my school get in every year. I don't think it's in the Virginia, UNC, UCB, UCLA, Texas, and Florida category for OOS, but that's not saying it isn't difficult.</p>