postponed

<p>Definitely stay in touch, get good grades in the Fall and let them know UW is your top choice--especially from OOS. It all helps although better grades help the most. Also a test (SAT/ACT) retake with higher scores could help. Anything to move above the mid-range of applicants.</p>

<p>Hmm... my stats sre extremely similar to OP...
Im OOS 3.5 uw GPA
1950 SAT
710 bio 660 US SAT IIs
5 APS 2 Honors
I had 4.0 Freshman.... then big dip which I explain in essay... than steadily increasing GPA
Looks as though I'll be postponed too when I apply</p>

<p>^Not true. Every situation is different, and regardless of what people say, it does matter when you apply, and personally, I still think you're at a disadvantage if you apply right away and are not a super easy admit.</p>

<p>That's why I hate chance threads. No one can tell you weather or not you'll get in, and they can't even really give you a guess. It's not an automated process in which you can do that.</p>

<p>Essays can have a big sway. If you can rock the essays (and all the essays), that's big points in your direction, and that can put you over the fence to admit, even if you've got some blemishes on your application.</p>

<p>Good luck. Even if you do get postponed, you still have the chance to get in, and it's not like anyone looks down upon postponed applicants.</p>

<p>My status has not been updated in a while.</p>

<p>I am worried I might have been postponed.</p>

<p>For those who were postponed, did you receive only a letter? Was your status also updated?</p>

<p>status was updated. Letter received a few days later.</p>

<p>Also collegecrazy806, if you're postponed or denied it tells you something along the lines of "A decision has been made, and a letter mail to you" or something like that. The only thing it tells you for sure is if you've been accepted, because it says, "Congratulations!" Unless that's changed, but I don't see why it would.</p>

<p>Postponing means you are still in the pool...with rolling admissions it is the equivalent to other schools saying "we will not make a decision until March 15." As in most important decisions you hedge your bets and apply to other schools (safety) that you are willing to go to even though you may really want to go to UW. In the meantime it is a good idea to get good grades this semester to have a good story to tell UW admissions when they review your application in January/February of next year. It is not worth stressing out about...be proactive and work hard in school and look at other alternatives in case UW doesn't work out.</p>

<p>ha ha, thought I would update. My daughter has sent in first quarter grades and additional letter of recommendation. Still anxiously awaiting. Yesterday, though, she got into U of Michigan! go figure.....still hoping to get in to wisconsin and make the choice between the two!</p>

<p>Congrats on the acceptance to U of Mich. Hoping you get good news too from Madison.</p>

<p>jill; too funny about umich; last year it was reversed; couldn't get in to umich with 3.7 UwGPA; accepted to UWisconsin in October.......very weird.....congrats to your D</p>