Potential Transfer Candidate Chances

<p>Hey. I am looking to transfer Spring 2014 into Economics and wanted to know what my chances are given my freshman year credentials. Thanks!</p>

<p>School Attending: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Cumulative GPA: 3.53/4.0
Units Completed: 30 hours
Activities involved in school: spring pledge class president for my fraternity, marketing chair for an RSO on campus, representative for class council
Activities involved outside: internship at company</p>

<p>By the way, I got into University of Wisconsin-Madison when I applied in high school if that helps.</p>

<p>Also, you are not allowed to transfer into the School of Business as a transfer, right?</p>

<p>You get admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of intended major. You likely will need a UW track record before admissions to the Business school. As always, check the UW website and search there for answers.</p>

<p>Because you would not transfer from a school in UW system, you need to have residency at UW Madison to be able to apply for Business School. Btw Economics belongs to College of letter and science, so I guess you don’t need to apply for Business School. If you are admitted to uw Madison, you will be automatically admitted to college of letter and science.</p>

<p>Thanks, wis75 and xxtinaxx128.</p>