Potentially Huge UC Problem

<p>I am an out of state student who decided to apply to UC at the beginning of this school year. Because of this, I was unaware of UC’s Visual and Performing Arts requirement. My schedule has been so full that I have not been able to take a course that is defined as a visual/performing art by UC</p>

<p>My first instinct was to count my design for my school newspaper as a visual art. However, I then read on the UC site that unacceptable courses include craft courses, mechanical drafting, web page development, yearbook, and photography offered as photojournalism (i.e., as a component of yearbook or school newspaper publication).</p>

<p>I am unsure what to do now. Should I just count my design as the art and then explain my situation on the personal statement part 3?</p>

<p>Would UC not consider my application because of this?</p>

<p>Any help would be greatly appreciated. And again, I am an out-of-state student… so take it easy on me : )</p>

<p>THANKS</p>

<p>plan to take a course at a commmunity college over the summer and put that in your additional comments section. Call the UC Admissions office</p>

<p>OK that sounds good because another person suggested I take a college class this coming semester, which I can't do.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>did you take a required music or art class in 7/8th grade because i think you can use those if you need to</p>

<p>woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i did! </p>

<p>can i use that???</p>