Pre-Dental Programs

<p>Which UC offers the best Pre-Dental programs? What school would you recommend a Pre-Dent student to attend that would look good when applying to Dental School?</p>

<p>I’m looking into: UCSF, UCLA and UCSC since they have dental school for graduate students. I’m not sure about their Undergrad or Pre-Dent courses though…</p>

<p>Any insight on this would be appreciated.</p>

<p>Any UC with a strong Biology department such as:</p>

<p>Berkeley
UCSD
UCLA
Davis
Irvine</p>

<p>In that order, I suppose.
But its all a matter of how well you do, too. You could go to UCSD, which has a top Bio program, and do poorly… and that’s not going to help you, regardless of UCSD’s prestige.</p>

<p>You might also wanna consider University of the Pacific for dental school.
Cal would probably be ranked lower than UCSD and UCLA in terms of biology, maybe even lower than Davis.
Don’t pick a college based on one department, though. A lot of people change their majors.</p>

<p>For professional schools, it’s (almost) all about gpa + test scores. Thus, any UC will look good, well maybe not Merced so much. :)</p>

<p>Attend the campus where you can maximize your gpa, (which won’t likely be Cal).</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Cal’s biology program is generally considered one of the top programs in the nation, especially in molecular biology and cell biology.</p>

<p>[Rankings</a> - Biological Sciences - Graduate Schools - Education - US News and World Report](<a href=“http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-biological-sciences-programs/rankings]Rankings”>http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-biological-sciences-programs/rankings)</p>

<p>UCs for bio: San Diego, Berkeley, Davis, LA (in that order)</p>

<p>I retract my statement then.</p>

<p>if you can do well at any of those schools, you’ll likely be a good prospect for dental school. </p>

<p>sidenote: ucla is the only undergrad uc that offers a dental program. i dont know how they view ucla undergrads for their dental programs. they may not care, or they may favor students from other schools. something to consider.</p>

<p>^^Yes, UC grad does not care about undergrad.</p>