Pre-med/biology at Geneseo - anyone have input ?

<p>I posted a thread a few weeks back, 150 looked at but no replys. Does anyone have input on the biology/pre-med program at Geneseo.....good or bad ? Professors, clinical & research opportunities, do most kids successfully apply to med school etc.</p>

<p>Thanks !</p>

<p>I have the same question!!! someone please reply!!!</p>

<p>We’ve put two thru SUNY Geneseo. Excellent state school, and even with recent tuition hikes, well worth the money, even for out of state students. Our youngest is currently a senior bio major. She loves the program. Professors are great. Many research opportunities. She was looking at PA grad schools but is currently rethinking her options. Our oldest had a bio major friend at Geneseo, excellent grades, put out 20-some applications for med schools. Got one interview–Univ. of Buffalo med school where she is currently and doing well. Our youngest tells us many of Geneseo’s bio majors get into med schools, but mostly w/i NY state: UB, U Albany, Stoneybrook, Upstate Medical (Syracuse). Competition for med school is huge and largely the privates are accepting many foreign students. Just take a look at the U of R medical school website. Geneseo is a great school and they are well known for their bio program. But first you have to get accepted, not an easy thing to do. The hardest part of Geneseo is getting in. Good luck.</p>

<p>I really appreciate your input because so many people are reading both posts but not replying. It’s a little concerning that your daughter’s friend had excellent grades, applied to 20 schools and only got 1 interview. UB is an excellent school, but only one interview ? The other concern is if there’s any grade deflation and how if A’s are attainable with hard work. Thanks for your help !</p>