Pre-Med, Pre-Law, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharm, Pre-Vet

<p>Pre-Med, Pre-Law, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharm, and Pre-Vet</p>

<p>So, say I’m a prospective _____(insert choice from above) student: which UC offers me the best preparation and chance at admission into the most competitive graduate schools (HYPS, etc)?</p>

<p>Please rank the top 5 UC’s for each respective program</p>

<pre><code>EXAMPLE(alphabetical for neutrality’s sake):
For Pre-Med:
1.Berkeley
2.Davis
3.Irvine
4.LA
5.Merced

</code></pre>

<p>Pre-Vet: UC Davis. No brainer.</p>

<p>Can the rankings include special programs? such as the Thomas Haider Program which seats the top 24 premed applicants from UC Riverside into UCLA's Geffen Med School. A guaranteed seat is pretty much the highest "chance at admission" you can get, after all.</p>

<p>Pre-med which ever school you can earn the best grades, get internships and get involved in research. It is a good idea to go where there is a medical school on campus so that these opportunities in a medical environment will be available.</p>

<p>well, business isn't on there but for pre-business, it would be berkeley no brainer. they're undergrad business (Hass) is 3rd in the nation after Wharton (UPenn) and Sloan (MIT).</p>

<p>I always thought it was NYU Stern or USC Marshall</p>

<p>I would assume bman14 is only talking about in the UC system. How are the internship opportunities in Berkeley for business?</p>

<p>Well, considering that Frisco is a major international financial center, I'm guessing there are internships aplenty.</p>

<p>I would concur with that, but I'm just wondering how good their internship office is.</p>

<p>i'm pre-vet but i didn't get into davis. i hope zoology major at SB with interships at veterinary clinics and the zoo will be enough.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I would assume bman14 is only talking about in the UC system.

[/quote]

<a href="http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/topprogs_brief.php%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/topprogs_brief.php&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>thats why you don't assume.</p>

<p><strong><em>bump</em></strong></p>

<p>I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that bman14, of course you are correct. Berkeley is the only UC except for Riverside that even has an undergrad business program.</p>

<p>Any insight on Pre-Pharm among UCs?</p>

<p>^ i don't know about uc's but i heard that uop has really good programs</p>