Pre-med programs?

<p>I am planning on going to med school, and i was wondering which UC is best for graduating in pre-med. I heard UC Davis, UC San Diego and UC San Francisco were good schools for pre-med, but i’m not sure of the differences? I have heard about UC Davis, but the area seems boring for me, but also someone i know is willing to get me connected to the UC Davis medical people and getting me connections throughout college which would be helpful. I keep seeing that UC San Diego is a really good school for going to med school, and the area seems interesting and fun, but I’m not sure whats better about it compared to UC Davis. I’m not sure what the differences are between those two, or which would raise my chances in getting into med school? Also i have recently been seeing UC San Francisco as a really good pre med school, but i haven’t heard much about it, so I was wondering the differences and the pros and cons in going into pre med at each college, and which one would be the best if i got into each.
Thanks</p>

<p>At these schools there is no “pre-med” major/degree. You can major in whatever you want. Also, UC San Francisco is not an undergraduate school, you can only go there for their med school.</p>

<p>Many of the UC schools have good science programs and opportunities for pre-med students. UCSD is well-known for it’s biology program and has a lot of pre-med students, which is probably why you keep hearing at it. UC Davis is also a good school though, so it really just depends on your interests (for which environment or school you would prefer). They’re both good schools, and you’d probably be fine with either one. You also be fine with many of the other UC schools. I went to UCSD, so I’m biased in that regard, haha. I’ll let someone else comment on which would be better for you.</p>

<p>Also, UCSF doesn’t have an undergraduate program. So that wouldn’t really be an option if you’re looking for an undergraduate program. And I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but “pre-med” isn’t really a major. Students tend to graduate in a particular major (generally biology or chemistry but you can major in anything) and then complete the prerequisites for medical schools in addition to (or as a part of, which is often the case for biology majors) their major requirements. Look for schools with a strong biology program and good opportunities and support for pre-medical students. I can vouch for UCSD having a lot of opportunities for pre-med students, but I’m sure UC Davis has similar opportunities, although I don’t know of their firsthand.</p>