pre med track program?

<p>Hello, </p>

<p>I have recently been admitted to the University of Wisconsin but the major I applied for is BA-Biology. My goal as an undergraduate in wisconsin is to be prepared for med school and apply to either u of wash or wisc's primary care med. The only problem is i heard about something called a pre med track, correct me if im wrong and im interested in knowing what it is. The only thing i know about it is that its a 3 year period with great chances of admission to wisc's med. Also, im wondering if such program exist, how can i apply for it and is it too late for me to change my major and apply to such thing?</p>

<p>Thank you</p>

<p>The premed track is a 4 year program where you will get 60% of your credits in bio/chem/math/physics which are prerequisites for applying to medical school. Any one of these could be your major.</p>

<p>The 3 year program is the medical scholars program. It is for wisconsin residents only and 40 are chosen each year to go into this 7 year program where you do 3 years in undergrad and 4 years in med school. You have to apply for and be admitted to this program and if you have already been admitted to a BS in biology I dont know if you can still apply for the med scholars program.</p>

<p>Just because you were admitted to the school of letters and science for a BA in bio does not mean that you cannot switch to the CALS (ag and life sciences) and do the premed program.</p>

<p>Oh i see, thanks alot for your help.</p>

<p>Also, remember you can take the courses without being in the program, so don't worry about it now- you can look at the program and sign up for the courses, get into the program another semester when you're on campus and it's easier to look into details if you want. No need to make changes in things now, the idea of the track is to help people make sure they get the required premed courses in a timely fashion, ie not discovering they need course x before others and can't fit things into their schedule and still finish in 4 years...</p>

<p>o dang.. i like that.......speaks fondly of its advisory imo</p>