Pre- requisites for IB math?

<p>Does anyone know what the pre-requisites should be for IB HIGHER LEVEL Math? I am really interested in doing it, but most of my friends say I'm just committing suicide by registering for it.
Just a bit of my math background- I enjoy doing math and I do it for at least an hour a day. I am currently trying to get through Pre-Cal 11 so that I can do Pre-Cal 12 in the summer. I think I can say math is one of my stronger points, my average was 96% last semester. I really want to do IB HL to challenge myself, and I feel like if I don't try it, I'll never know what I'll be capable of.</p>

<p>Thoughts?</p>

<p>Thanks!~</p>

<p>I would imagine that if you can get through an honors pre- calc program without difficulty then you will be fine.</p>

<p>I don’t know much about HL Math as much but I can tell you that IB Math HW takes between an hour TO 3 hours about for the most part because what looks like 5-10 problems is riddled with letters and sometimes letters and “i’s” attached to them. The work, I would ask someone who actually have taken it. And I’m not exaggerating the time frame because I’m bad at math, I’m actually pretty good, it’s just that IB work requires lots of time.</p>

<p>My daughter is currently taking 11 th grade honors math as a sophomore and has maintained a strong A+ all year. She wants to take the one year math IB/SL in September only because she wants to take calculus senior year. The teacher already told her that the one year SL math will be very very easy for her. Do you anticipate that it will take her 3 hours a night to do the math homework? I think the HL math is more time consuming and she is taking SL to make room for calc. Thanks-</p>

<p>I said 1-3hrs depending on how much the teacher assigns each night. My teacher regularly gives about 1-1.5 hours total but like 2x or so a month we get these packets with like 15 problems and it takes several several hours to complete. It’s not that the math is ridiculously hard, it’s just that they take awhile to complete.</p>

<p>Ok thanks. I appreciate all of the time you have spent responding!!</p>