Pregame on Saturday

<p>We will be driving up from New Orleans and getting on campus by 2:00. Will visit with Junior and his friends. Incidentally, he told he that he needs to be in the stadium by 5:00 in order to get a good seat. What the heck?</p>

<p>Anyway, having not been to a game at Bama since 1996, can anyone tell me if it will be possible to grab a meal on the strip in the late afternoon? Or will it be packed to the gills? Any recommendations would be helpful.</p>

<p>At Parents Weekend, there are vendors on the Quad. Don’t know if this will be different for the LSU game as tailgating may be tight, but others on this board will probably be able to help you.</p>

<p>I don’t think gates will open until 5 pm for the game. I know last LSU game, my son got to the gate two hours before game time and still couldn’t find a seat and went back to his dorm.</p>

<p>I don’t know what he’s doing this time. I am hoping that since he has a lower level ticket maybe he’ll have a better chance of actually getting a seat this time. I do believe he is planning to attend this game, though if he has too much homework, he may wind up donating his ticket again.</p>

<p>1996… When Bama beat LSU 24-0 … Seems like a good omen for us…</p>

<p>Sorry I can’t answer the “how crazy is it going to be” questions for you. I am wondering the same thing myself.</p>

<p>The Strip restaurants will be packed. </p>

<p>There will be vendors on the Quad…usually on the east side by the Honors College - Nott Hall.</p>

<p>don’t you have some friends from LSU that will be there tailgating, slippy?</p>

<p>Heck, half the fun at the Bama/LSU game here is seeing all the crazy LSU tailgaters. There are vendors on the Quad, but no place to sit and eat. The stadium has food, but no place but your seat to eat. This will be the most heavily attended game all year, I think. By 5 p.m., all the parking places may be filled.</p>

<p>Gee, slippy, would you arrive at Baton Rouge 2 hours before kickoff and expect to find the same thing? We’re planning to get there 4 hours before kickoff, and we have a reserved parking spot.</p>

<p>Kickoff is at 7 pm. If I’m there by 2, we will have 5 hours to hang out. Plus, I have a reserved spot by the student health center.</p>

<p>I actually have a neck problem (been recommended for a 3-level fusion), so I really have no business going to this game. But I’ll seek some treatment from Dr. James Beam, and should be fine.</p>

<p>^^^Take care of yourself, slippy. We’re old and have trouble withstanding Parents Weekend, so I can imagine what this weekend will be like.</p>

<p>H and I usually get food at the vendors and sit on the steps of Nott Hall to eat it. Or we’ve gone inside Lloyd Hall to eat at Chik Fil A and sometimes sit in the lobby chairs there if there’s no seating.</p>

<p>As for availability of Mr. Beam, I guess you would have to head down to the Strip for that. I don’t know if Bama has open containers laws, but I’m sure the LSU fans will do their best to make it as close to Bourbon Street atmosphere as possible. I guess there’s always the old hip flask.</p>

<p>Sorry for the ignorance but Bama doesn’t have a student section or seats for the kids? I thought all schools did. Showing my football na</p>

<p>Yes, there is a student section…but those seats aren’t assigned by ticket.</p>

<p>Hi Slippy! I was at the Ole Miss game that started at night. </p>

<p>I was able to go to Publix and get snacks and a deli soda. Went to Tut’s on the Strip for cheesy bread around 1pm. They also serve pizza and hamburgers. My family went to TCBY for frozen yogurt. That was fun just watching the folks walk by while enjoying the fro-yo in the A/C. I am allergic to big crowds so I didn’t try going to the restaurants nearby. </p>

<p>Hope you have fun and Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>I’m planning to go to Frat house where I am sure there will be lots ofLSU fans- saw lots of TN orange there 2 weeks ago. But will drive home to watch game. S said last night that he may sell his ticket and I told him to go…guess he heard he may not get a seat…RTR!!</p>

<p>When we were there we were able to have lunch at the sorority house with D then over to the frat house for a beer or 2. Then walked back to the condo for a few more adult beverages. Then headed over to B-D for the game. The advantage of finding a condo that was closer to B-D than any game day parking lot. Still feel very blessed for stumbling upon that. </p>

<p>Maybe Slippy Jr needs to have a date for the game that is in a sorority that can bring dear ol mom & dad to lunch at the house. Then said house is very close to B-D for a short leisurely stroll or find a nice place to sit nearby that is not so hectic.</p>

<p>Slippy - I also ate from the vendors and just found a step to sit on. My husband has back trouble so we couldn’t walk around as much as we would have liked. We were there for the Ole Miss game. But last year I had the pleasure of attending the LSU/Bama game in your neck of the woods. We have friends who are season ticket holders. We had so much fun and the fans were so gracious and nice to us at the tailgate. The food was yummy and drinks were divine. I was in the RV lot tailgating.</p>

<p>I hope you get to enjoy yourself on Saturday and you are shown the same hospitality as I was last year at Tiger Stadium. RTR</p>

<p>Slippy, if we are around our tailgate area when you arrive, we will be happy to share with you. It would give me great pleasure to serve you on my Bama plates, Bama napkins…</p>

<p>Love it, class2012 mom! We usually grab some BBQ from a vendor over near Nott Hall. We went to the Ole Miss game and got some Jim and nick’s. Other years we got food from Full Moon. Our seats are usually so high up that I am afraid to enjoy special drinks before the game ( also brought teenagers.) my oldest son says you can join any tailgate for drinks.</p>

<p>

TxNewCollegeMom, I’ll bet my gameday parking can beat your condo location. Thanks to handicapped parking, we are right in front of our gate!
We’re enjoying it now 'cuz it will probably have a building on it next year!</p>

<p>Is it true students with a ticket need to be in line at the stadium when it opens to get a seat???</p>

<p>TXA, I am thinking so. Maybe the sororities need to have their pregame meal served as breakfast with a sack lunch “to go” tomorrow.</p>