PREMED: UCD vs. UCSD?

<p>Accepted into both colleges.
Money is not an issue.
Planning to visit both (have visited Davis, haven’t done so for SD!)
(Warren @ SD, Human Bio.
Davis, Undeclared L&S.)</p>

<p>Question: Pre-med, better @ Davis or San Diego? :]</p>

<p>Thanks! <3</p>

<p>My son is in the same boat as you. He visited both but will be going down to San Diego on the 12th for admit day to get a better idea. He also is premed and everyone we have talked to, including many doctors state UCSD FOR SURE!!! Much more respected and prestegious as far as med schools go. Just what we're being told!</p>

<p>imo, it's not hard at all to make decision to choose ucsd over ucd...</p>

<p>Haha, Davis is closer to home and whatnot~ x3;</p>

<p>I'll prbly end up at either one, if Pomona doesn't accept me. ;-;</p>

<p>Thanks for the responses. <33</p>

<p>Davis all the way.</p>

<p>in terms of how happy you'll be in college, i've heard waaaay more positive things about davis than sd. but it all comes down to your gpa in college.</p>

<p>SD for Pre-Med
Davis for anything else</p>

<p>if you're interested in agriculture or to become a cow doctor, ucd is not a bad place... otherwise ucsd is a no-brainer...</p>

<p>
[quote]
if you're interested in agriculture or to become a cow doctor, ucd is not a bad place... otherwise ucsd is a no-brainer...

[/quote]

Joking, I hope. Your comment shows you have no clue what you're talking about.</p>

<p>for someones like you, it might sound like joking... however to many students and their parents i know, it's simply a de-facto thing...</p>

<p>I guess they don't know much about the UC Davis Medical School and Center. It is quite well respected. :)</p>

<p>School</a> of Medicine - Davis Wiki</p>

<p>UC</a> Davis Medical Center - Davis Wiki</p>

<p>UCSD would be the better choice for pre-med, and don't let the "socially dead" rumors scare you away. They're blown way out of proportion.</p>

<p>If you really want to stay close to home, Davis is still a great school though.</p>

<p>UCSD for premed. It has a stronger biology program.</p>

<p>"I guess they don't know much about the UC Davis Medical School and Center. It is quite well respected. "</p>

<p>So what? UCSD also has a well-known medical school.</p>

<p>Pursue a Biological Sciences Degree at UC Davis
The UC Davis College of Biological Sciences is committed to exceptional and innovative undergraduate education. Our faculty distinguish themselves through election to the National Academy of Sciences and other prestigious societies, and by frequent receipt of awards and honors for teaching and research. </p>

<p>New, state-of-the-art science teaching labs and award winning faculty committed to excellence in undergraduate teaching provide students with a comprehensive education in the biological sciences that few academic institutions can match. </p>

<p>It is notable that as we look toward a more sustainable future U.S. News and World Report ranks UC Davis Ecology and Evolutionary biology graduate programs No. 1 in the nation. It is also notable that year after year College of Biological Sciences graduates take the top University honors. </p>

<p>From the core curriculum to hands-on training in advanced research methods, graduates of the College of Biological Sciences are geared for success. 75 percent of our graduates pursue a postgraduate degree or credential after completing their undergraduate degree. </p>

<p>UC</a> Davis: College of Biological Sciences: Undergraduate Academic Programs</p>

<p>I say Davis, definitely -- especially if wanting to pursue a Biology-related major.
It has a much better Biology program, especially in research opportunities.</p>

<p>You'll also face much more pre-med competition at UCSD. Not to mention, if you'd prefer to go to UCSD for med. school, they're more willing to take students from other colleges.</p>

<p>I thought the UCD medical center is world reknown?...</p>

<p>how much of difference of "premed" competition will there be at these 2? cuz i feel premed is competitive anywhere anyways lol</p>

<p>i wouldn't know much about competition in the schools but i can add that my dentist and my doctor both graduated at ucd and went on to the graduate program at ucd because it IS renowned.</p>

<p>The UCD Medical School is one of the top 50 in the nation.</p>

<p>The UCSD Medical School is also one of the top 50 in the nation.</p>