Preparing App to Decision (time frame)

<p>So...I have been reading several threads about how fast the decision is from when they say they are preparing the application to posting the decision (from a few days to a week) and I am just wondering for those who have experienced this...is it from the time they are preparing your app before/after the "status details" link goes away?</p>

<p>My application status changed to "Your application is being reviewed by an admissions counselor" and the details link went away last Monday. I, too, heard that once this happens, a response usually only takes a couple days. Unfortunately, it has been 6 weekdays and my status has not changed. :(</p>

<p>starrgirl your taking all of my colleges! find your own, I was here first!</p>

<p>i guess i can answer my own question now...it only took two days for mine to go from the status that they do not have my transcript to accepted.</p>

<p>i hope you dont mind sharing schools, esmitty</p>

<p>My application status has been"Your application is being reviewed by an admissions counselor" for 7.5 weeks now... is this unusual?</p>

<p>haha i was jk starrgirl, hey congrats on uw though!</p>

<p>Bravo, My son's took about 6 weeks at "being reviewed by an admissions counselor" before he was accepted. Are you OOS or IS? Could that make a difference due to the number of IS applications they receive? I don't know - I'm just wondering.</p>

<p>I'm Out of state</p>

<p>hey bravo31, I submitted september 21st and didn't get accepted till november 29th... I'm in state, and there's a big hold up with all of the WI applications, so I don't know how that affects you.</p>

<p>i submitted my application November 8th and the status changed to being reviewed by a counselor December 19th, so hopefully i'll be hearing soon.</p>

<p>My son's was IS and was "under review" for 5 1/2 weeks before being accepted. So it's obviously different for each individual. They really do an amazing job looking at each application thorougly as individually presented to them. In other words, it isn't just a numbers game with Adcom. Even though it does look like the clear admits have a shorter waiting period, it seems they take their time reading and re-reading the majority of applications to be sure they get it right.</p>