Preparing for scheduling @Bama Bound?

<p>PBlack…</p>

<p>Yes, in the various squares of the Excel grid, you should write various options…write the CRN also.</p>

<p>For instance, in the Monday/ Wed/ Fri at 9am cells, you might have</p>

<p>EN 101 CRN XXXXX (first choice)
HI 105 CRN YYYYY
MA 115 CRN ZZZZZ (last choice)</p>

<p>And in T/R 10:30 cells, you might have</p>

<p>SP 103 CRN YZXYXZ (first choice)
PY 101 CRN ZZZXXX
EN 101 CRN XYZXYZ</p>

<p>This will give you immediate options in case desired sections are closed. </p>

<p>Since your grid is made to include every half hour, you have to “merge cells” to accomodate hour classes and longer classes.</p>

<p>So when the kids actually register, they’re using “Add/Drop” classes instead of the Look Up Classes, right? We can’t see that now because of registration holds - what exactly does it look like? They just fill in the CRN in a box? Also, it looks like the waiting list columns have gone away in MyBama for the classes D has been watching - is there any significance to that?</p>

<p>You can use either one…but the Add/Drop is faster because you can do a bunch at one time.</p>

<p>For Add/Drop, you have to SCROLL to the bottom and there will be a row of boxes. In each box you will put a CRN number and then you’ll click Register (or whatever it says on the enter link).</p>

<p>Thanks so much, mom2collegekids. I am learning so much about this. Can you tell me if seeing only a T means Tuesday, only an R means Thursday, and TR means Tuesday and Thursday?</p>

<p>Yes…T stands for Tues, and R stands for Thurs…and TR stands for Tues/Thurs.</p>

<p>Thanks again, mom2collegekids.</p>

<p>i am totally confused. when i went to degree works just to see the times for EN103, it doesn’t say who the professor teaching the course is. my daughter wanted to take this class with Melissa Hull. How do we know which course she is teaching?</p>

<p>I don’t think that info is in DegreeWorks. You find it under Look Up Classes in the Academics tab.</p>

<p>I don’t think Melissa Hull is teaching EN 103 in the fall, so don’t be surprised if you don’t find it. My D wanted to take her, so we were specifically looking for a class she was teaching, and no luck.</p>

<p>I don’t see look up classes there. I see it under the Student tab but it doesn’t seem to work.</p>

<p>i think i found the list of classes for EN103 - however, Melissa Hull is not an instructor for any of them. any suggestions on who the best instructors are for this class?</p>

<p>Azalea…</p>

<p>On the main page that opens on mybama, look towards the top of the center column. Does that Look up Classes link work?</p>

<p>This summer I am taking a course that transfers into Bama as pre-calc with trig which means the next math course I am to take is Calc1, Math 125. As such, I did not take the placement test and am planning on bringing proof of my summer class so I can get into math 125. Will I be able to register for math 125 right away, even though my record shows my placement recommendation as something lower than math125? Or will the advisor have to remove a hold on my record, thereby lowering the chances of getting the class I want because of the time it takes?</p>

<p>finally figured out how to view classes. so a normal load would be 5 classes right?</p>

<p>why does it say that UH155 is UA Only - not currently a State-wide (AGSC) approved core course? and will this course count towards my daughter’s degree in English?</p>

<p>JT, have proof that you are registered for a college course that would place you into MATH 125 and you should be fine.</p>

<p>AZ, the normal load for students wanting to complete a degree in 8 semesters is 15 credits per semester, which is approximately 5 classes.</p>

<p>AGSC approved core courses are ones that are common between participating community colleges and universities in Alabama. I don’t know if this also includes common course numbering, but it allows students to be sure that English Composition I or another core course is considered equivalent the same course at another AGCS participating institution. It is often used to facilitate transfers from community colleges to state universities. As UH 155 is a UA-specific course, there is no guarantee that a student could take it and have it count towards degree requirements at another AGSC participating institution. As long as your daughter plans on getting her degree at UA, it will count towards her degree.</p>