Prescreen Results - Class of 2025

@soozievt Thank you, that is very helpful. I know, our list looks all over the place. We do have our reasons, which are pretty specific to us, but the hope is to get into a BFA program with a decent financial aid package. There are just so many unknowns right now.

We are going to look at some schools as a transfer (she’s got a lot of Com. College credits) and I’m going to talk to her about more Pennsylvania Schools. Thank you for the suggestions!

@kmwah1 so happy for you!

@kmwah1 congrats!!!

thank you all for the kind words!! I am a student and doing this whole process by myself, so its definitely a crazy process to do alone!! I wish the best to ANYONE going through this! its a tough process for even the most talented :slight_smile:

@mttnmom The MT faculty at BW actually stated the results from the auditions this fall won’t be released until mid-January. That was at the end of the day - after all auditions on the 14th.

My daughter got rejected from Penn State within about two weeks of submitting. She got rejected from Syracuse for MT but they wanted more from her for acting so she will be submitting additional videos to them for that program.

Syracuse: submitted 10/31, heard back 11/19 (pass! :blush: )

@kmwah1 I’m in the same boat. Doing this all alone is pretty insane! Best of luck!!!

Has anyone heard from BOCO or point park recently?

@kmwah1 - My D heard from BOCO 11/13, applied 10/7.

Son heard back from Texas State yesterday and Otterbein today both a yes to move on. Submitted about 10/23ish.

@MidwestMTMom my D got an email from BW indicating she would have her decision on December 15th. She auditioned this past weekend.

@momofboys33 don’t panic… 3 “big” no’s in a row does not mean anything. It was literally a roller coaster for my daughter last year. No from CM, yes from Syracuse; no from Penn, yes from Michigan; no from Texas, yes from FSU… there is absolutely no rhyme or reason. She’s at Belmont University in Nashville and absolutely loves everything about it. The other kids in the program, her studio teacher, her music classes, the directors and other professors, Nashville itself… They truly do end up where they are supposed to be.

Mine just heard today after submitting 10/31. I’m thinking you heard by now?

mtmomma3 it isn’t too late to expand her list, esp. b/c her prescreens are done anyway. The advice we got for my D was to do at least 20 schools and to have about 10 reaches and 10 middles. Middles are less competitive but still great programs. B/c it’s such a crazy year, also, I think it’s critical that we don’t put all our eggs in one basket. Fabulous news about Michigan though!!! Good luck!

@dharmawins i dont know if this was in response to me but I haven’t heard from either yet. Hoping that’s not bad news if not heard yet!!

@kmwah1 actually I was referring to Emerson! My daughter submitted 11/1 and heard back in today. Oddly she submitted to penn state 11/1 and still hasn’t heard…and should have heard by 11/16. ?‍♀️?‍♀️

@kmwah1 We are still waiting on point park too.

Good morning,
Has anyone heard back from Ithaca that submitted prescreens 10/23 or later? Also does anyone know if they do them all at once, by submission date or yeses or nos first? Ty

We submitted to Ithaca on 10/15 and still haven’t heard anything. ???

my daughter submitted to Ithaca 10/30 and heard back on 11/4