Prescreen Results - Class of 2025

my top choices right now are viterbo, ball state, and montclair!

2 Likes

Congrats!!

Congratulations. She had an incredible list of prescreens passed. Let us know where she lands

1 Like

I am a total newbie. What does CAP stand for?

College Audition Project. It’s a group of coaches out of Atlanta that hold a private audition weekend in November. This year there were 58 programs that students auditioned for over a 3 day weekend. My daughter had an amazing experience with several early offers into MT programs. I think doing CAP has made for a much less stressful college audition experience.

Anyone know how big the MT and Theater Performance programs are at Emerson?

Idk how many they accept. Did you hear from them today? They said EA performance is by the end of the month, right?

My D got in to Emerson Performing Arts yesterday. School overall has 33-36% acceptance rate, but I can’t find specifics on Performing Arts or MT. It’s academically competitive. She has a 4.25 gpa and did not get into the honors college there.

2 Likes

does anyone know the turn around time for IWU or Webster prescreen results? the acceptd message wasn’t really clear on the timeline :woman_shrugging:t4:

We heard from IWU around 12/10 and submitted 11/2. Did not apply to Webster. IWU was happily a yes!

1 Like

Prescreen to Webster sent October 18, passed October 28. But I’ve heard that, being a small school, they are overwhelmed with submissions along with Covid restrictions so things might be slow

Hey everyone! Had two quick questions for yall.

1. Has anyone heard from IWU? I applied 11/06 and nothing, emailed a while ago and they said it can take up to six weeks but still nothing
  2. Does anyone know what JMU’s “portfolio review” is? Is it an audition or more just an information session you have to attend, Im a bit confused.

Thanks!

Yes! My daughter submitted to IWU around 11/2 amd heard back around 12/14.

Hey! See above! IWU: submitted 11/2 and heard 12/14

We sent materials to JMU, then saw them at CAP, visited at the call back. They told mine, they did not need to audition again, but that their scheduled time next month was an “informational” meeting.
IWU- we submitted in Sept, heard a couple weeks later, have a final audition scheduled in Jan.
Hope this helps!!

@Mamacitateatro - my niece is a freshmen at Emerson, in Theater and Performance. She said about 30 in the program and less in MT, about 18.

@kmwah1 – at JMU for Musical Theatre the virtual audition day is a day of masterclasses, interviews/conversations with faculty, and opportunities to engage with current students.

The submitted slideroom materials are the audition materials. Some student may be contacted to schedule a short Zoom callback (before or after the virtual audition day). Students will not perform their material live on the virtual audition day but will have the opportunity to participate in the dance masterclass, and observe/comment in the mt performance masterclass.

For students who want to be considered for Theatre, there IS a live Zoom audition on the virtual day (as well as interview) that day (although it is also requested for the Slideroom materials to be submitted prior to the audition).

https://jmuarts.slideroom.com/#/login/program/56602

Students who want to audition for BOTH Theatre and Musical Theatre should register for both, and a schedule will be made so the prospective student can participate in all events for both majors on the day.

https://jmu.askadmissions.net/Portal/EI/GroupUrl?gid=5304595ca8f34ef51d4833b7c29a51aaf6ea47

Specific details and the links for the virtual audition day will be sent approximately a week before the virtual day.

Feel free to PM me with any additional questions.

Was looking for this thread, my S got in to same, has a 1430 SAT and 4.1 weighted GPA and no merit aid, going to appeal, seems that their academics have become more and more competitive. DId your D get any merit aid at all?

Recently heard back from my last prescreen, and I was not thrilled with the process. Im wondering if anyone else had the same experience. Many schools delayed decisions, or gave little to no information about auditions after passing. I am especially frustrated with 2 schools. One school only just emailed me my audition date and requirments last week when I requested an audition in September. I was given an audition date in a few weeks, and in the requirmenrs they listed a pop rock song- not a requirement listed in the website. I eneded up having to cancel because there is no way I could prepare an extra song in 3 weeks and do well.

Another school never got back to me after 3 months despite telling me it would take 2 weeks. Finally 2 weeks ago I emailed them to make sure I wasn’t missing anything and they replied with a rejection letter. I was taken aback, and they still never sent me a decision on my acting prescreen (I submitted to acting and MT)

We have experienced longer delays than we would have predicted going into the process. I think a bunch of schools added prescreens this year and are overwhelmed, CAP21, for example. They said they hoped for notifications by Thanksgiving and then didn’t report back until right before Christmas.

It ain’t easy, that’s for sure. Sorry about all that and hope you have some great auditions lined up!!

1 Like