Prescreen Results - Class of 2025

@GloriaVaughn do you have a student at IWU? From my reading, it was the humanities dept. that suffered the losses. The music school may not remain as a school in the end, but for MT majors (and acing majors that want voice) all of the classes/options will remain intact.

@CBSQandA I had one that graduated from IWU. I also know some of their former profs. Some had to retire due to cuts and others left for other schools after being tenured.

@MTDad2025 was it a prescreen pass? You are the only person (other than Moonifieds kids) that has already heard back from TXST. We submitted on 09/21 and heard nothing yet.

@BritMTMum Long story. D is attending virtual Moonifieds but TSU was not scheduled due to the fact applicants had to submit a prescreen to get an audition at Moonifieds. No different than going through the general prescreen route. I think there are open slots for TSU at Moonifieds because of this. So D gets a prescreen pass from Kaitlin saying she’s excited to see D…at Moonifieds. We say thanks but those four days are too full to add one more audition. Kaitlin said OK and to look for a scheduling email from Acceptd in early November. I assume that will be when you will hear.

Ah ok. Well done you guys & congrats. My DD is also doing Moonifieds but didn’t submit the TXST prescreen - it was just too early. She didn’t want to rush it by the mid aug date. Kaitlin is so sweet! Best of luck :heart:

Pace - submitted 10/19; Results 10/26

Emerson results are out

@cgn626 - We didn’t apply to Emerson. Are the results from one of the virtual big auditions or individual submissions? Hope the question makes sense. . .

@E2L1DC - it was an individual submission but I think they released a bunch of decisions at once because the audition slots were released and are filling quickly.

Thank you @cgn626. I have some friends with kids applying, but they did it through prescreens. Fingers crossed they will hear something soon!

Shenandoah: Submitted 10/18; Results 10/27

Was wondering on pre-screens sent through school portals rather than Acceptd, did you receive an email, or did you just check your portal occasionally for updates?

Shenandoah did not use Acceptd. S received an email. He did not mention if it was on the portal.

Webster: Submitted 10/1; Results 10/28

Otterbein sending passes today, 10/28…submitted 9/14

Syracuse: Submitted 10/14; Results 10/28

American University (Audition, not prescreen): Requested 10/16; Results 10/30

Most of my daughter’s prescreens/auditions will be through CAP next week. Wow - it’s so close! Here’s a few that aren’t through CAP:

Florida Southern: Submitted 9/21; results 10/13

Auburn: Submitted 9/22; results 10/18 - Had virtual interview 10/24 and they said to expect offers/rejections by the middle of November.

Western Carolina: Submitted 10/8; results 11/2 - In their letter about the virtual audition, it says you will be notified within Two weeks of audition of acceptance/non-admission/waitlist. It says if you are admitted, you have 30 days to respond with confirmation that you will be attending the program. Once enough students have confirmed their attendance the admission process will conclude and all remaining students who have been admitted will be placed on the waitlist.
**This is not common practice, right? Most schools will give you until April/May to accept an offer?

@ARBMusTheatre - wow, that’s interesting. For several years, the national association of college admissions counselors (NACAC) had a code of ethics that basically said - students have til May 1st to accept/decline, schools cannot offer incentives for accepting early, and schools cannot try to recruit individuals who have already made a deposit at another school. (And some other things) That all changed in late 2019. The NACAC was investigated for anti-trust charges that stated that these rules reduced competition between colleges which may make costs higher for students. As a result, NCAC has suspended these parts of their ethics code.

So - all that said- colleges can kind of do what they want now in terms of their “signing dates” and incentives to sign early. While many may still give til May 1st, I wouldn’t be surprised if more start doing something different.

My daughter and I discussed it last night and since WCU is not one of her top schools, we can’t really see why she would go through with the audition. If she was offered a spot, she wouldn’t commit to it in November or December when she wouldn’t know yet what other offers she may get. I guess they are really looking for students who WCU is their top choice. It’s a bit confusing and I hope other schools keep with the traditional May 1 acceptance deadline.