Prescreen Results - Class of 2025

Manhattan School of Music will release prescreen decisions on 12/18.

Hi - has anyone heard from Point Park, U of Arizona or Florida State?

Also I am curious if others have seen a update in the Rider portal that indicates awaiting an audition date - without having gotten an email.

Thanks!

I’ve heard nothing from any of those schools, unfortunately, applied on 10/25. Anyone here for Pace? Its been 2 weeks since I applied and they indicate a response in 5 business days?

Sorry guys- I for some reason don’t have the date written down for our U of Mich submissions. It was not through Accept’d. I want to say sometime late Sept/early Oct. It seems they didn’t open as early as some of them? Pretty sure they are one of the school that requires the academic application to be complete as well.

@kmwah1 Re: Pace - we applied 10/20 and heard back 10/26 via accepted email.

@moosegirlemy2 , we applied to UF and Coastal and haven’t sent prescreens to AZ yet. Heard from Coastal last week and nothing from the other two yet.

We have not heard back yet from Pace either, someone pointed out to me, that if we have not heard back think of it as a maybe, because they did not immediately say no, there is something they see, but not yet ready to make a decision.

@Sonnie323 definitely will think of it like that! Ive heard Pace has a super difficult pre-screen to pass so that would make sense.

Michigan - submitted 10/10; results 11/10

@moosegirlemy2 Arizona will not be sending out prescreen decisions until early December

@kmwahl @Sonnie323 re: PACE

1. Check what Pace Acceptd email said. My kiddo’s specifically said “within 5 business days” and they got back to us pretty much within the last minute of that time.
  2. Just in case, check your Spam blocker
  3. Reach out in a nice friendly way to ask. They are probably just swamped, but mistakes can happen.

I work for a different type of screened applicant program (orchestral Seminar) and we never hold it against someone asking a reasonable question. And asking about the process if you haven’t heard well outside the stated time is reasonable. Believe me, if I make a mistake on my job, I thank the person for reaching out. I would not be able to live with myself if some kid lost an audition opportunity due to a clerical error on my end. Also, sometimes there are weird things, like the person listening to violas has a family crisis so all the violins hear back before the violas.

@Rohana Thank you so much! That’s great info

@Rohana, we do have the message in GetAcceptd that says within 5 business days, and to check the spam folder. He has been doing that. I think we will email if we don’t hear anything as of next week, right now we are riding it out.
Yesterday was a rollercoaster for us. He heard back from Coastal Carolina, it was a No, and found out that IUP is will not have Musical Theater next year (his first admission back in September) and had a redirect to the BA program at Western Connecticut. On the upside in between all of that, he got an acceptance into Dean College with a wonderful scholarship. We will take it day by day, and maybe some days hour by hour. Hold them tight, and get ready for the season, that’s for sure.

heard back from heard back from Florida state today, 11/11. As well as Emerson yesterday. It’s crazy how widely different the responses from schools can be, just shows how there’s no pattern to these pre-screen results

Hey everyone, this forum is really helpful for moral support and info! I’m wondering if when people post about hearing back, they wouldn’t mind including the date they submitted. My daughter heard back from Emerson yesterday too (about 24 hours after submitting!) with an instant “no” but consider submitting for Acting BFA (luckily she’s had 4 positive responses already so she was pretty resilient about that one). That seems bizarrely speedy of a turn around to me - has anyone else had that quick of a response?

Son submitted prescreens around 10/23. Heard back from 4 so far. The 3 I listed in earlier post(Pace, Carnegie Mellon and Syracuse) and S got a yes from U Mich on 11/10.

@dananddeb39 congrats to your son!

On 11/2 We submitted to SUNY Fredonia, Pace, Coastal Carolina, Molloy/Cap 21; and UNCG. We submitted to Elon on 11/3, and Arcadia this past Monday 11/9 all through Acceptd. We submitted to Rider University on 10/12, Dean College on10/22, Western Connecticut on 10/22, Montclair, 11/2, MMC 11/2.
Some of these I just realized were auditions.
Heard back from:
Rider 10/20 Re-Direct to BFA Acting audition for Dec 12th
SUNY Fredonia on 11/6 Re-Direct to BA Theater
Coastal Carolina 11/10 No
Western Connecticut 11/10 Re-Direct to BA Theater
Dean College 11/10 Accepted
Hope this helps.

@dananddeb39 Congratulations!! that is awesome!!

FSU : Submitted 10/19; Results 11/11