Prescreening Results

<p>Hi!
Waiting to hear back from Oberlin and Eastman regarding piano prescreening. Excited for the results! I was just curious as to which schools other users have applied to this year. Good luck! :)</p>

<p>It’s gonna be a while. Audition and wait. Good practice for the career you’ve chosen. Good luck to you!</p>

<p>Thank you! A lot of practicing ahead of me, but you do what you have to do to reach your dreams. :)</p>

<p>Get used to the waiting, it is a really wonderful but tough time…you get through the prescreens, then are anticipating the auditions…you finish the auditions and are waiting for the end of March/early April to see the results. If you are lucky, you will have everything you need to decide, the studio, the financial aid package, and you can make a decision. On the other hand, you could get in, but not know the studio, or be placed on a waitlist in some cases…</p>

<p>My best advice, for what it is worth (our floor needs to be resanded from where our S wore out paths on the wood, pacing around!), is to take at each step the victories that come from that step (getting an audition, doing the audition, getting in, etc), and try not to dwell on what didn’t happen. I wish you much luck, and know a lot of others, despite the way it looks, have made it through, and a lot of the times you may be pleasantly surprised at the outcome, very easy to assume the worst:)</p>

<p>I’m auditioning to NEC, Lawrence, USC, Rice, Vanderbilt, NYU, Bard, and Boston Conservatory. I’m pretty nervous about prescreening also…I just listened to the first movement of my Mozart sonata and it is baaadddd but oh well… this is not in my hands anymore :/</p>

<p>Oh wow! Quite the list of great schools! I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to pm me if you want to exchange messages regarding our audition experiences.</p>

<p>Passed my pre screening for Indiana today! Very exciting!</p>

<p>Any news from focal performance prescreens from Julliard, CCM, or NYU Steinhardt?</p>

<p>Nice work, OboeSoprano!!</p>

<p>Princessjpmom - I don’t know about the others, but Juilliard announces pre-screen results at the end of January.</p>

<p>Just heard back from Oberlin Conservatory. I passed prescreening and will be auditioning January 23rd in Minneapolis! :slight_smile: I met with a professor at the school and he said a regional audition would be OK to do since I live so far away. Excited!!!</p>

<p>And congratulations OboeSoprano! :slight_smile: I have a friend who currently studies viola performance there. It’s a great school!</p>

<p>My son just heard from Oberlin today – he passed his piano prescreening! Feeling very excited and a bit overwhelmed. Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>Congrats to you Oberlin auditioners. My D works in Admissions at the Con and said they had a massive number of applications this year.</p>

<p>hsheck,
My son did a regional audition for Oberlin and I was super impressed with the way they handled the regional auditions. The person in charge for our area was very nice and stayed in contact with us and even sent me a personal email in the spring about our son. Good luck with the audition. The hardest part for our son was that the regional audition was one of his first auditions. But other than that, I am glad we did not take the time out of his busy audition season to travel to Cleveland in the winter.</p>

<p>So glad to hear that StacJip!!! :slight_smile: makes me feel more comfortable about a regional audition.</p>

<p>This may be a silly Q, but if a school sends an email to confirm your audition date and time, do you assume you passed the prescreen? I just thought it odd that D’s email didn’t say explicitly. Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>MomOf2, I’m not sure. My son just got a notification tonight that actually says “Congratulations! Based on the review of your preliminary recording and qualifications, we are pleased to invite you to perform a live audition”. But every school might be different. It would seem to me if they are confirming an exact time and date that she has passed. Perhaps someone else has more information on this.</p>

<p>Thanks, Clarimom. Your son’s note sounds more like what we were expecting.</p>

<p>Hsheck, we drove out to Oberlin from Boston, twice actually (once for audition, once after acceptance). I would make sure that a regional audition is not just okay but just as good as an audition on campus. Have you visited? I think a visit is really important anyway, and doing it during audition week is a good way to kill two birds with one stone.</p>