Presidential Scholarship acceptance online

I received a letter saying that I had not accepted my Presidential Scholarship. It told me to go to the Academics tab in myBama to accept, but I couldn’t find it. Can anyone help?

Are you the parent or child? Are you logging into the student’s MyBama or the parent/guest one?

Those of us who don’t have an incoming frosh can’t see what you’re seeing (or should be seeing).
I thought it was in the middle column, but things change.

What are some of the links on the Academics tab?

Sign into MyBama. Go to Academics Tab. Look in the center column under Scholarship Offers, Entering Freshmen. That’s where any offers will show up. Congratulations and Roll Tide!

I had my son check his MyBama account under scholarship offers and his said…

Final 2016/2017 freshmen scholarship notifications will be mailed to recipients in mid to late March of 2016.

He received the Presidential Scholarship.

I can remember back in the spring of 2014 that area to accept Scholarships was hard to find. I almost think it was under financial aid even though it is not, it is a academic merit Scholarship. @permom have you located it yet?

I would write to amber.capell@ua.edu and tell her that you want to accept your scholarships but they aren’t showing online. Include your full name and CWID.

My son received his official scholarship letter today and still he cannot find where to accept. It appears as if the letters went out but it did not update on MyBama. He said he will give it a week and then call.

If my daughter received confirmation of the Presidential in the mail today does that mean that she did not receive any departmental scholarships through the business school?

When do the scholarships have to be accepted by, and if you accept the scholarship is that formal commitment to the school? My daughter has 2 scholarships in her mybama account, the Presidential and HES. We don’t want to make a decision on committing until after her visit on 4/1.

@fm0101 The letter states that the decision must be made by May 1, 2016 or the offer will be withdrawn.

@tripleteens TY, that’s what I thought but D can’t find her acceptance letter and with the posts about where to accept them I was starting to get nervous.

<<<
If my daughter received confirmation of the Presidential in the mail today does that mean that she did not receive any departmental scholarships through the business school?

[QUOTE=""]

[/QUOTE]

@southernbound18 Very likely. I don’t think the B-school has many awards for incoming freshman. I think freshmen are pre-business, if I remember correctly …and technically part of Arts & Science until they’re accepted into the B-school for junior year.

Few major depts have many awards for incoming freshmen. Eng’g, Music, and Theater are exceptions that I know about. The rest of the school has very small merit budgets and largely depends on the univ to award merit.

What about Alumni scholarships? Would they be included on letters sent today?

@mom2collegekids on my D’s mybama portal today a new scholarship offer appeared, HES Academic Achievement Award, $500 per semester for 8 semesters, would this be a departmental scholarship from The College of Human Environmental Sciences? Is this typical ? Feeling very grateful for all the generosity we are receiving from UA.

@fm0101 Looks like that’s a merit offer from the College of HES. Congrats.

scholarships can be:

University
College
Dept
Alumni

TY

Thank you all so much. This is the mom; my son had the original question. We successfully found the acceptance tab tonight. Whew, what a relief! This site is awesome- Roll Tide!

Where did you end up finding it ? My son looked this past weekend and said he couldn’t find it either. He E-mailed the school but I don’t know if he’s heard back from them.