Presidential Scholarship

<p>Hello all, </p>

<p>I was just admitted to UA, and I clicked on “Scholarship Offers” on mybama page, and it says, “I’m sorry, but the time to accept scholarships has passed for this year.” Does this mean I won’t get the Presidential Scholarship, even though I’m a National Achievement Semifinalist, and I applied and was accepted before December 1?</p>

<p>Thanks!!</p>

<p>No, it doesn’t mean that at all. That message relates to this year’s scholarships, not next year’s (which is what you’d be getting). The Presidential is automatic if you meet the requirements and you’ve applied by December 1. You have filled out the scholarship application, right?</p>

<p>Yes, I have. Thank you. I almost got scared because this is the only way I can afford to attend college!</p>

<p>Don’t worry…you’re good!!</p>

<p>And…BTW…in the past, Bama has accepted very late apps for NMFs and NAs. The deadlines usually do not apply to NMFs and NAs. I will contact Scholarships to find out what the policy will be for this year, but I suspect the same privilege will still exist. </p>

<p>Congrats on being a NA! </p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Once you’re named a finalist, you’ll get a notification for the rest of your scholarship…housing, etc. This last fall, Bama enrolled 30 frosh NA’s…a record! :slight_smile: Bama probably has about 100 NA’s on campus.</p>

<p>Thank you, mom2collegekids. I didn’t know there were so many NA’s on campus! That’s nice to know.</p>