Princeton 2023 Transfer

Anyone applied to transfer to Princeton for 2023?

1 Like

Princeton does a very very small number of transfers (like 15/yr) of non traditional students who went to a community college etc.

Wow - off topic - I guess my answer is no, I don’t know anyone.

But in the last CDS, they admitted 18 of 1350 - wow, when you said very very small, you weren’t kidding.

They also note that it’s Sophomores only although a case could be made for a Junior.

Good luck to OP.

1 Like

Yes, in past years nearly of all the accepted transfer students have been either community college students or veterans; few if any have come from other 4-year universities. Supposedly they’re increasing the annual number of accepted transfers to 25-35 but the focus on community college/military/low-income students remains.

1 Like

I did.

Are there no instances of traditional students from a four-year university getting accepted ?

yes I personally know a few traditional transfers from 4-year colleges who got in last year. Last year they expanded the transfer program and they accepted double the candidates so i think there is still hope for traditional students!

I was admitted to Fall 2023 :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! Do u mind me asking if u were nontrad or trad?

I was non-traditional. I attended community college out of high school and received an Applied Associate of Science degree and entered the workforce for 5 years. I returned to community college for a second associate’s of science degree to transfer. My plan is to pursue medical school after completing my bachelors.

I was also admitted! Congratulations! Are you going to wait for your Yale letter before deciding?

Congratulations!! That’s wonderful news :tada:. Yes I applied to EWSP at Yale and will wait to hear back from them May 18th before making my decision.